The new beer & alcohol thread

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
My idea for this thread is for people to share whenever they try a new wine or mixed drink or beer that they like and wish to share with everyone.

Try not to make this thread too spammy though since I know it would be easy just to come in here and say hey, I tried Bud Light and it ruled.

Reason I bring it up is because I've been able to try some new beers lately like Oberon, Magic Hat #9, Mirror Pond Ale and others. It's been more fun trying new beers rather than just Bud Light.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Lately I've been drinking this rum I found called Black Rum. Captain Morgan makes a Black Rum, and it's beautiful, however this weekend I tried The Kraken, Black Spiced Rum.

Its a very smooth rum, and great straight. I haven't been mixing it at all. However it does go good with coke. I wish they still made vanilla coke, because I think it would go good with this rum.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I drink wine and I have come to the conclusion that the cheaper wine is just as good as the more expensive brands. It makes just as good of sauces too. A three dollar bottle of wine won a wine tasting contest I believe in California.

Unity

Change the World
Staff member
Great thread, Millz. I think we need to sticky this sumbitch! Millz and I have been getting out to places with a good beer variety lately, and it's a lot of fun just to try something random. I'll put a few from last weekend since they were new to me at the time, except for the first:

Magic Hat #9. Love this beer, a lot of beer reviewers describe it as an ale that has a taste like no other beer on the planet. Unique taste, almost every time you have one. A great first beer of the night.

Urban Chestnut Winged Nut. All I can say to describe this beer is that it's got a kind of pungent, unique flavor to it. Don't approach it while full. Good taste if you're ok with a slight bitter/nutty flavor.

I don't have a picture of my own but I also tried this that night:

Green Flash Brewing Co. Hopped Head Red IPA. I'm a huge IPA enthusiast and this was not a disappointment. Hoppy, of course, but also a nice finish of kind of a fruity flavor. I'd love to have this one again.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think if anything this is a nice way to be able to keep track of all the new beers we taste haha

I'll have to remember some of the other ones I've tasted over the past month or so.

And Danny, I'll have to try that Black Rum. I saw it at the grocery store the other week.

Unity

Change the World
Staff member
Millz you should definitely post on the Wooky that you had last night, it was really strong IPA.

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
Millz you should definitely post on the Wooky that you had last night, it was really strong IPA.
It was definitely one of the stronger IPA's I've ever had. It had a really hoppy taste to it and was more of a darker colored kind of beer.

For myself I really enjoy IPA's but they are a type of beer in which I can't drink too many of them in one night because of how strong the taste is.

Do you remember the other IPA I had? Stone IPA I think was the name?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm going to a Wine and Food show this Saturday. I'll try to remember some good Red Wines. I won't lie, though, I'll be pretty hammered since it will be all you can drink for two hours.

But, I'm sure they'll be a couple that I like and I'll write down some information for myself, and share with you guys, to.

Unity

Change the World
Staff member
It was definitely one of the stronger IPA's I've ever had. It had a really hoppy taste to it and was more of a darker colored kind of beer.

For myself I really enjoy IPA's but they are a type of beer in which I can't drink too many of them in one night because of how strong the taste is.

Do you remember the other IPA I had? Stone IPA I think was the name?
Yeah it would have been Stone IPA, easily one of my favorite IPAs out there. Very flavorful but semi smooth tasting at times as well.

There's also a spin-off called "Stone Ruination IPA." It's a mega hoppy version. My buddy Tim (you met him at Growler's, Millz) says that it's definitely not a first beer of the night because of its strong taste. You have to build to it lol, but I love it.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
One of my favorite real beer makers is a company called Wychwood, they make some real nice ales and this one a new one I have not tried until today:

I have never had a Pumpkin ale before but so far I am really liking it.

I like a lot of the wychwood beers, they are very tasty :D