• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Neverending War

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
So maybe this is a sequel to the movie The Neverending Story? But it's almost a joke.
About me:
1. I'm not a skinhead or neo-Nazi.
2. I didn't even like Fascist in the movie Brother 2.
3. I only have a few war souveniers, a Soviet Afghan Red Army uniform. Family stuff.
4. I always follow the Victory Day parade on Red Square. Friends and families of victims of Nazis do too.
5. I hate what the Nazis did.

But that's just history from a war that happened 71 years ago. Everybody that contributed to that conflict is either dead or dying.
I've studied military history, epic battles, strategies and logistics but I still don't get why an ancient war is always popping up in the news.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-auschwitz-paramedic-accused-accessory-mass-murder-151523727.html

The dude's in a wheelchair. So what retirement village did they raid? When they finish prosecuting all those really old people will they have to dig them up in the graveyards and drag them into the courts?
I can't even imagine being tossed in a prison could be worse than just being 95 yo. Is it only for Nazis or will they be dragging people out of rest homes and retirement villages in Rwanda too? That genocide killed more than a million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide

The Jewish community claims that we all need to remember so it can never happen again. Wake up! It's been happening a lot since WW2 all over the planet. New genocides and attempted genocides are all over the news.
So maybe I wouldn't care if it wasn't affecting people that weren't even there.
The pupils from the £15,000-a-year Perse School in Cambridge were allowed to return home. But later their lawyers argued that the case should be thrown out, because the teenagers were not aware that the objects they took from the site of the former camp's warehouses had special historic value.
The objects included part of an old hair-cutting machine, two pieces of reinforced glass from the warehouses and some buttons.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aught-stealing-Nazi-Auschwitz-death-camp.html

Dunno why they wanted old garbage and especially stuff that wasn't even protected in a glass case.
But hey, they could have been tossed in a prison for stealing stuff that had special historic and cultural significance but nobody will go to prison for destroying this.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...r-right-wants-to-demolish-hitlers-birthplace/

People can make choices about protecting or destroying those Nazi artifacts but what they can't do is change history. Even if they demolish that yucky old building, everyone already knows where Hitler was born. If I owned that building, I totally would demolish it and build a cool new club or something.

Btw, the "Nazi" swastika is an ancient symbol that is still used today in the Hindu religion.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29644591

Even words have been banned. People who were alive when all that Nazi stuff happened get why that happened. So now maybe I need to read a huge article to know what words and symbols are illegal and why?
Except that it's a serious part of world history, how can it mean anything to us now?
http://abcnews.go.com/International...t-leader-seeks-renewed-nazi-era-term-42028572

In the USA there's a expression about "beating a dead horse". I think this one is already 6 feet under.
Thoughts?

Impaired

Registered Member
Ancient war? If people are still alive who fought it, ancient is the wrong word.

What could be worse than a 95 year old guy being thrown in jail? Maybe concentration camps? Murder of millions? Experiments on people because they are "subhuman"? Lampshades of human skin?

As for you demolishing history for a cool new club, well that sums this up well.

You don't care about WW II. Your choice. I do. My choice.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Ancient war? If people are still alive who fought it, ancient is the wrong word.

What could be worse than a 95 year old guy being thrown in jail? Maybe concentration camps? Murder of millions? Experiments on people because they are "subhuman"? Lampshades of human skin?

As for you demolishing history for a cool new club, well that sums this up well.

You don't care about WW II. Your choice. I do. My choice.
Yeah, when all the survivors that participated are 90+ yo, I call that an ancient war.
And yeah, just being 95 yo is enough punishment.
So what happens? Maybe a few years in prison then dead + expensive medical issues.

Btw, the dude is not on trial for Murder of millions, experiments on people because he thought they are "subhuman", or making lampshades of human skin.
He was arrested only for being a guard.
After they convict him and put him in prison, all those people will be alive again, right?
Not even.

Also, ask the Austrians why they are demolishing history. They didn't say what they will build there after they destroy it. Only that they want it destroyed. So maybe they will build a club.
Buildings are not people. They don't execute people and they don't start wars.

I care about the present and the future... not the past... my choice.

Impaired

Registered Member
So you only punish people when the victims can be alive again? What?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand them going after a 95 year old lowly guard or anyone like that. Its not like they had a hand in the killings or could stop it. Seems to me they have gotten all the real culprits but still haven't satisfied their blood lust. Who will they go after next their children.

I'm not anti Jewish but I think its time to give it up.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I don't understand them going after a 95 year old lowly guard or anyone like that. Its not like they had a hand in the killings or could stop it. Seems to me they have gotten all the real culprits but still haven't satisfied their blood lust. Who will they go after next their children.

I'm not anti Jewish but I think its time to give it up.
I totally agree. A lot can be learned after something bad like that happens but not so much later.
There's more than one generation that never experienced that war.
For example - If I was in a car crash and other people were there then they might understand what a car crash can do. But I wasn't even born when that war happened - not even close. So no way I can ever really understand how bad that was. And prosecuting that old man doesn't teach me anything either.

So tbh, should people really waste tons of time thinking about something they can't really understand and can't change. Or should they be thinking about and finding ways to solve issues we have to deal with now.
And that's all I get when the topic pops up and the older people just say:
"You don't know what you're talking about." or
"You had to be there to understand what happened."

Also, the allies occupied Germany after the war. So they needed 71 years to find that guard? Really?
If I'm ever attacked, I so hope it won't take the police that long to find whoever.

If people spent as much time dealing with serious issues today, instead of a 71 year old war, we probaly wouldn't have so many serious issues... just saying.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
So you only punish people when the victims can be alive again? What?
That's a generalization and I was talking about a specific case.
Even if that 95 yo man in the wheelchair lives long enough for the trial to finish, he totally will suffer as much at home as he will in prison.
Pe4ople that old usually have a lot of health issues and pain. If I was that old then I wouldn't even care where I was. Except I would hope that I died really soon.
Just the thought of being 95 yo is seriously scary.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree. A lot can be learned after something bad like that happens but not so much later.
There's more than one generation that never experienced that war.
For example - If I was in a car crash and other people were there then they might understand what a car crash can do. But I wasn't even born when that war happened - not even close. So no way I can ever really understand how bad that was. And prosecuting that old man doesn't teach me anything either.

So tbh, should people really waste tons of time thinking about something they can't really understand and can't change. Or should they be thinking about and finding ways to solve issues we have to deal with now.
And that's all I get when the topic pops up and the older people just say:
"You don't know what you're talking about." or
"You had to be there to understand what happened."

Also, the allies occupied Germany after the war. So they needed 71 years to find that guard? Really?
If I'm ever attacked, I so hope it won't take the police that long to find whoever.

If people spent as much time dealing with serious issues today, instead of a 71 year old war, we probaly wouldn't have so many serious issues... just saying.
I don't think you have to be there to understand what happened. The history books are full of what happened. You would have to be there to fully understand the emotional part of it.

I agree we should be paying attention to recent genocides and the ones going on now but how you would stop them I don't know. Unfortunately there will most likely always being something like that going on somewhere.

Too late to stop all the Jews from being slaughtered by Hitler, they had better worry more about those that want to kill them now.

Impaired

Registered Member
That's a generalization and I was talking about a specific case.
Even if that 95 yo man in the wheelchair lives long enough for the trial to finish, he totally will suffer as much at home as he will in prison.
Pe4ople that old usually have a lot of health issues and pain. If I was that old then I wouldn't even care where I was. Except I would hope that I died really soon.
Just the thought of being 95 yo is seriously scary.
What a world view you have.

My aunt lived to 102 and walked a mile after lunch every day. Sharp as a tack and lived life until cancer took her.

Some times punishment is for the victims and the families of victims as much as punishment for the crime.

I don't see how him being old or sick matters.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
What a world view you have.

My aunt lived to 102 and walked a mile after lunch every day. Sharp as a tack and lived life until cancer took her.

Some times punishment is for the victims and the families of victims as much as punishment for the crime.

I don't see how him being old or sick matters.
I'm not alone. Tens of millions of people probaly have my world view. Maybe more.
What's happening now is also in history and I'm not talking Sergei Yesenin. More like Dostoyevsky and Stalin's great purge. It also happened when people were spying on friends and family members in the 1980's and it's not healthy. It only creates suspicion not unity.

So maybe this one will be called the great anti-Nazi purge.
I hate on purges as much as I hate on Nazis.

Most of those Nazi soldiers only had two choices. Fight for their country or die. They shot traitors.
In 10 more years, they won't have anyone to toss into prisons for being Germans that were born in Germany during the war. They probaly didn't have a choice about where they were born.
So everyone that was born in Germany during the war should be in prison or dead?... unless they were traitors.

It's really cool that your aunt could still get all happy after 102 years but she was lucky. She wasn't a German dude that was born and lived in Germany.
I have family members that are still alive but the older ones always complain about health issues and have meds for pain. One that's only 76 yo says he couldn't get happy without his pain meds so yeah, being 94 yo sounds seriously scary.

I wonder how many people that guard killed during or after the war - if he ever killed anyone. Do they have proof that he did? DNA evidence? Or is he just part of a purge?
They had proof that Couch killed four people in Texas and they gave him a 10 year probation, not prison. It was his choice to F up and get sent to one.

And don't forget. Nobody is immune to a purge. When they happen, everyone is living on a tightrope. Just one slip and they're dead.
Those two kids (3rd link in the OP) almost went to prison for 10 years and for what? Some garbage that people turned into religious icons. That seriously bites!

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. - Karl Marx
Epic OD...

Last edited: