• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Netflix Watch Instantly Thread

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
So there are quite a few of us who are subscribed to Netflix. This thread is for us to recommend movies/tv shows that are available to watch instantly.

If you haven't seen the show Dexter but have always wanted to give it a try, Seasons 1-3 are available.

I also recommend watching The Burbs, Memento, and The Count of Monte Cristo.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

its a very weird movie in the sense that the Camera angles are more of an "in-your-face" style, Almost like a Documentary. The concept is cool, definitely one that will intrigue fans of the Sci-fi genre. Out of the movies I've watched this year I would say this one ranked a solid 7.5/10.

`````````

Pandorum was cool. I didnt think it was the greatest. But its better than the majority of the Foreign stuff that is currently on Netflix. I'm a huge fan of Ben Foster and I honestly believe he did a good job delivering a solid acting performance in this one. Dennis Quaid was a little campy in it, but other than that I would give this one a 6/10 recommendation.

```````````

I've been wanting to see this one. Kim watched it and said it was really good. I actually had it in my Qeue before it went instant. So although I havent seen it yet I most definitely want to.

have any of you seen it yourselves yet?

````````````

And finally... The one I've been watching the most

If you're into Documentaries like I am;

The Universe is a 14 Episode TV series that played on the History Channel. Netflix has 6 straight seasons of this series, all 14 episodes of every season. I'm not even through the First season and I'm loving it. They are 45 minute episodes full of cool stuff. I strongly recommend it to anyone that is into Documentary type things or just otherwise likes Astronomy.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Excellent idea.

I second The 'Burbs. A classic that will never die in my book.

Speaking of which, I also recommend Mr. Mom and Little Monsters.

As for TV, I recommend Better Off Ted (both seasons available), and they have seasons 1-4 of 30 Rock up.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I enjoyed District 9. I didn't think that I would since it was more of a documentary effect, but I did.

I have also wanted to see Horsemen and have it in my queue, but just haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet.

----

I recently watched Mr. Mom because it became available and enjoyed it quite a bit. I had never seen it before.

And if you like documentary type tv shows, they have the first season of Hoarders up to watch as well. I've seen a couple of episodes of it and have enjoyed it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was just going through some of my rated movies and I spotted this one in the instant pile;

The Ghost and the Darkness

Watch it, its a bit older. I think it was filmed in 1996, but its a movie I would honestly say is in my top 10 movies all time. Tied with Tombstone as my favorite performance from Val Kilmer.

Last edited:

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Speaking of documentaries, guys, did you see how much National Geographic stuff they added? Holy crikey.

I watched Super Croc tonight. It was OK, I felt they focused too much on modern crocs and that made it less interesting for me. And speaking of DOCUMENTARY--

Second Skin
Monster Camp
Food, Inc

Watch them. The first two are about gaming and the third is pretty obvious. I'm actually getting deja vu here, I feel like I mentioned those really recently. Anyways, those are all on stream and stuff.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah there is a ton of National Geographic stuff.

lol Super Croc eh? Thats like the perfect netflix instant move. So horribly campy there is no way in hell i would have ever rented it from a blockbuster, and still not quite catchy enough to add to my DVD que... but since its on instant.... that is like the perfect place for it.

Now if Only we could get Super Shark vs. Giant Octopus on there :hah:

one other I remembered I had watched, and in fact I've recommended this one in another thread here at GF. Check out "This film is not yet rated"

Put in spoilers per request

its entirely about the Movie Ratings Board and how they function (or disfunction for that matter). A bunch of cameo interviews from guys like Trey Parker / Matt Stone, Kimberly Peirce, M. Night Shyamalan, and a few others. Very interesting documentary about what it takes for a movie to get a rating. All the way down to the Cuss word Counts.

As far as Documentaries go, I found this one to be pretty good. about 7/10 "worth recommending"

Last edited:

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Food Matters was real good. I enjoyed it more than Food, Inc.

I'll be watching Fuel next, which is also on stream.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Fans of stuff like Memento might want to give Primer a shot. It's about a couple of engineers who end up inadvertently creating a time machine when working on another project, and open a Pandora's box of paradoxes and unforeseen consequences as they struggle against each other for control of it. The convoluted plot and no-budget realism really make the film, and you could spend forever trying to make sense of the whole thing.

Fans of documentaries might want to check out Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room and National Geographic's Inside North Korea. Both highlight how much damage is possible when the wrong people end up in positions of power, and just how heartless, arrogant, and ruthless those people can be. Both also serve as an exposé on the inner-workings of cults, as both the late Enron and North Korea seem to fit that description.

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Looks like Alice in Wonderland is now available...so if you haven't seen it now is the time. I watched it over Netflix this weekend, even though I own the DVD.