The NBA All Star Weekend & Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Mirage, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Who else watched this?

I thought Rudy Fernandez and J.R. Smith got robbed. They should have made it to the finals.

I was excited to hear LeBron James announce that he was going to be in the dunk contest next year. That will be awesome.

So what did you guys think?

2. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Rudy's last dunk was sick! I couldn't believe that he didn't qualify!

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Yeah, those judges are just biased. How does Howard's first dunk get a 50? that's bull.

I wish I got home in time for the skills challenge though. I onlyt saw the final.

3 point shootout was pretty cool, my personal favorite. Lewis just choked in the tie breaker though. Cook had to go left handed if he wanted to lose.

I enjoyed the HORSE game though. Mayo's shot from the stands was awesome.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I enjoyed it, I agree that Fernandez dunk was amazing.

I am sad that Kapano didn't win his third three point shot contest

Mayo's shot was unbelievable

Overall good all star competetion.

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I don't think that Nate Robinson should have won the Dunk Contest some of his were really stupid, like when he jumped off of another persons back, big deal I mean come on. I also thought it was ridiculous when Robinson jumped over Howard, he supported himself with his arm quite a bit, on Howard to bring himself up higher.

I thought that Dwight Howard's 12 foot dunk was pretty sweet, he made it look so easy.

I actually just finished watching the All star game, it was an intense game, Shaq and Kobe both had some amazing moments, as well as LeBron, Pierce, and Garnett.

The Western Conference's team was dominant for sure though.

I think the ending score to the game was 145 West 119 East.

I liked how in the last 90 seconds everyone was taking turns dunking just because they could.