• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Mystical Space Typhoon Thread

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
MST 4 DA W!N

This card got it's staple status back in 2004 when it got restricted to one. The reason why it was restricted was simply because of DMOC.

Well now it's 2006 and like I said it's a staple. The question now becomes is it worth it? To be honest I don't know. I only play it because I have the HL version. I'm thinking of taking it out. It's not like you have to waorry about Snatch any more so one wonders if they should still play it. What do you think of it?

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
The problem with MST is that it would still be good as a normal spell card. Come to think of it, why hasn't it been released as a normal spell by now?

And actually, I thought the reason for it being restricted to 1 was because of the combo with Mirage of Nightmare. Then they restricted MST and people figured out you could use Emergency Provisions instead. Next thing we know Emergency Provisions is restricted and then the ban list came out.

K

Kyle91892

MST is godly, especially with the quickplay speed. a faster dust tornado essentially. 6/5 :p

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Kos4Evr said:
The problem with MST is that it would still be good as a normal spell card. Come to think of it, why hasn't it been released as a normal spell by now?

And actually, I thought the reason for it being restricted to 1 was because of the combo with Mirage of Nightmare. Then they restricted MST and people figured out you could use Emergency Provisions instead. Next thing we know Emergency Provisions is restricted and then the ban list came out.
Emergency isn't restricted. What are you talking about?

Turbo

Registered Member
emergency was restricted once. mst is still good because there isn't much in the meta worth using to stop it outside of spell canceller. with snatch gone it's lost some luster; but remember call and burial are still around.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
I believe Emergency Provisions was unrestricted some time within the last year. But it was indeed restricted after MST got restricted to 1.

But this thread is about MST. I really wish we had a suitable replacement for MST. A normal spell version would be nice like the dragon support card Stamping Destruction.

Turbo

Registered Member
Kos4Evr said:
I believe Emergency Provisions was unrestricted some time within the last year. But it was indeed restricted after MST got restricted to 1.

But this thread is about MST. I really wish we had a suitable replacement for MST. A normal spell version would be nice like the dragon support card Stamping Destruction.
Stamping is why I miss my dragon deck. its MST plus 500 damage. we definately need a new version like that but not type specific to run with or replace MST.