The Musketeer

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Pianobone, Sep 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

Very action packed and yet artistic. The film quality is degraded a little, and the scenes are often shot by candle light or natural light. This makes for some dark scenes and muddy colors, but makes you feel that you're right there in the middle ages. The story surrounds Louis the 13th, who was a pushover of a king for France. The cardinal of the Catholic church quicky rises to power, corrupting the legal system and the church. A bad mix of religion and politics.

As for the fight scenes- flawless. True fans might object to the asian influenced action, but I personally thought it gave new light to the art of swordfighting. The action was coordinated by the same masters who brought us Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; and the Matrix.

The film has an innocence about it, which allows the fights to work. Not much in the way of special effects, which would seem out-of-place.

Overall, I would rate this film 4 of 5 stars, of perhaps a "B+". Well worth the price of admission.

2. BlackDeatha

BlackDeatha Registered Member

Cool, I want to see that movie

Cool, I want to see that movie, soundfs pertty good

:evil:

3. Stargun007

Stargun007 Registered Member

Re: Cool, I want to see that movie

It didn't seem that great, but after readin this post, I might go see it. Or maybe I'll just wait for it on DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.