• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The most unbreakable records in sports

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think that Wayne Gretzky's record season of 92 goals and 230-some points will never be broken.

Also safe: Cal Ripken's consecutive streak of games played. No one will ever get close to that one for sure. Even if they try their damndest.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that Wayne Gretzky's record season of 92 goals and 230-some points will never be broken.

Also safe: Cal Ripken's consecutive streak of games played. No one will ever get close to that one for sure. Even if they try their damndest.
I agree with you about Gretzky's goal total, but I can see someone breaking Cal's consecutive games played record.

In my personal opinion, I believe that DiMaggio's hitting streak will be harder to break than Cal'. Mostly because of the pressure that will come with when he gets close. Especially with the type of media we have today.

Rapier

V.I.P.
What about Hack Wilson's record of 190 RBI's in a single season?
Lol That was invalidated in 2004 after Bill James revealed that the Cub fans had been throwing baseballs at opposing outfielders much of the season to distract them when Hack hit a longball way back. This pleased Eagles fans whose beloved Foxx and Klein moved up on the list.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The first one I thought of was Gretzky's record for goals in a season. That's going to be a tough one to best.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Greztky's hardest? 50 goals in 39 games. His highest points is 215 isn't? 96 goals will be a tough one too. Maybe once they chage goalie equipment we can see people get 140+ points a season.

Rapier

V.I.P.
I always wonder whose idea it was to break up the Oilers.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always wonder whose idea it was to break up the Oilers.
Watch this:

Great documentary on Gretzky and the Oilers and the eventual trade to L.A.