The most powerful music?

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
What is the most powerful music you heard?
Not talking volume-wise, but powerful in its touching your soul / "inner-self" or that you relate to?

I watched the Phantom of the Opera musical the one played by Gerard Buttler and Emmi Russom(I think that was her name).
I watched it all and was utterly bored with it, wanted to stop watching in the middle but didn't. I stopped paying any attention to the plot or the music just wanted to end it.
Anyway, the following day my sister sat down to watch it and I was in my room, not planning on going into the living room to watch that boring thing again, when I suddenly realized that the music playing in the background was so touching and moving that I just sat in my room listening to it and the lyrics for the rest of the movie.

So the Phantom of the Opera sound track is the powerful music in my eyes.
What's yours?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Heavy metal and rock. Some songs touch my soul in a way which is indescribable. Some can falre my anger, others can soothe it, and some can bring a sense of sadness, or loss. Music is one of the few things which I can 'feel' these days. I hate showing emotion, but music seems to be able to strip this inhibition away.
------
My favourite songs are by Disturbed, who have the uncanny ability to affect mmy mood, emotion, most notably anger and rage. Examples:

Down With The Sickness, Voices, etc.

System of a Down I associate more with sadness and loss more than anger. Examples:

Spiders, Soldier Slide.

Last edited:

juha82

Registered Member
Queen; Made in heaven, Who wants to live forever
Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus; Jaahyvaiset
Modern Talking; You're my heart, you're my soul
CMX; Ruoste, Kain
Celine Dion; My heart will go on
Timo Rautiainen; Meille niin rakas
Yo; Joutsenlaulu, Etko unta saa
------
Queen-Miracle
Queen-Under Pressure

Last edited:

Hiei

The Hierophant
To Live Is To Die by Metallica gets me everytime I hear it. There's no actual lyrics to it, but a poem is spoken. It's the band putting together a bunch of pieces that Cliff Burton wrote before he died in the accident and it's always hit me straight through to the soul.

Sarah Mclachlan - Angle
Gary Jules - Mad World
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

All of those are pretty depressing and sad. That being said, they are really powerful. =)

Hiei

The Hierophant
I find it hard to see The Middle as a depressing song. It's too up beat with the melody for it to be truly depressing.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
It's interesting that there are many songs that would touch my soul, but they had to come at the right time and right place and listening to them now doesn't move me in the slightest.