The most impact we had in the last 100 years?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you think had the most impact on planet earth in the last 100 years and why?

It can be anything, you can choose an assination of a president, 9/11, World War 1 and 2. It can be an invention. Anything that you can think of. Something that you believe had the most impact on planet Earth in the last 100 years.

Now I was going to put this in the mature discussion section, but I believe you people can be serious and discuss this maturely, I dont want this topic to be turned into fun and games. I want it to be serious.

Discuss.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Hmm It's hard to say if 9-11 will be the event to globally change politics of the world.

The Cuban Missile Crisis has to me one of the most important events in World History.

D-Day being the the other.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I gotta agree with Himeko. The destruction of the planet has reached new levels over the last 100 years.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Destruction of the planet and using up a lot of natural resources (even the nonrenewable ones)

and who could forget D-Day?

If this even hadn't taken place who knows where WW II would have gone? It Could have been disastrous, even more so than D-Day was.

ChristineES

Registered Member
I have to say the car. It was invented more than 100 years ago (I think) but the sales of cars went from a few people to everyone needing have a car. Sometimes I think we were better off without it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yep, we're just over 100 years since the first assembly line.

I'm going to say that the Cold War has had the most global impact in the past 100 years.

One-and-Only

Registered Member
technology. worst thing to happen to this planet, yet at the same time, the best thing since sliced bread.
without it, humans probably would have died out by now. but having it here has caused alot of problems environmentally, physically and mentally to people themselves ect ect.
money - another of the worst but best things in this world. pretty self explanatory. people are so money hungry its crazy, yet the world just wouldn't be the same, and wouldn't function properly without it.

i think that both of those problems negatively effect eachother. think of oil. it pollutes the planet, one of the biggest contributers to global warming(if not the biggest), yet people need it to get by. which brings us to the money side of things. people are so money hungry, so materialistic, they take advantage of situations like these simply because they can, because they get more money out of it.

there are definate solutions to these problems which have been proven to be more environmentally friendly, and cheaper. the only problem is, a single person can be persuaded, PEOPLE can't. they're too used to their cosy little lifestyle, they don't give a seconds thought to the generation of tomorrow.