• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Mojave Experiment (Windows Vista)

Syndicate

Chirp Chirp
The old placebo effect. I read about this a while back. They took out the stigma of the Vista name and presented the OS to random people who, IIRC, were against Vista in the first place (or against change in general) and under this guise, the vast majority gave it the thumbs up. It didn't really prove a whole bunch in all honesty and was canned as a failed experiment (which, coincidently, is what my parents call me).

Xilmwa

Registered Member
They are fooling people into using Vista by calling it Mojave because most people won't use Vista. Of course, they did it on their hardware, and I'm sure not everyone has a dual-core processor (preferably x64) with 2 gigs of RAM. I actually tried it, but it ran way too slow to be real on my 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 with a GB of RAM. WOW! Go figure. So, I shoved the Ubuntu disc back in, and went back to Linux.