Movies The Mist...

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Joshy, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Joshy

Joshy Registered Member

I saw the topic entitled 'worst film of 2008' and I was tempted to put this post in there but then I thought. This isn't the worst film of 2008, this is the worst film of all time!

Don't buy it, here's why:

Ok, it starts off quite good, well very well actually. Building up suspense and everything. Then the film goes downhill. Considering it's a horror film it didn't scare me once and I'm quite prone to being scared!

I won't ruin it for you, but the ending is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It makes a drunk person walking round town on a saturday night look like Albert Einstein!

Eurgh! This film is so bad I don't know how to explain it properly. Maybe you should look at it, and then you'll know where I'm coming from!

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It was a waste of money because I had to buy two tickets. Me and my ex thought it was one of the worst movies we'd ever seen next to AVP2.

Horrible Ending.

Some S.K. books just shouldn't be made into movies.
    ------
    http://www.generalforum.com/movies-tv/mist-49739.html

ALSO, just noticed..there's a thread for this movie

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  3. Joshy

Joshy Registered Member

Yeah, it's not just me who hates this film then! :D

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd like to know why you think it's the worst film of all time. I thought it was a great flick and the ending fits in with the rest of it. As a matter of fact, King himself said he was jealous because it wasn't his ending. His ending was
    having the car drive into the mist and them saying something cryptic and the story ending.

I think people are too used to the "typical" Hollywood ending and don't like it when things end abruptly or in such a way that it makes them uncomfortable, but that's what the film is about: discomfort.

5. Vallentina

Vallentina Registered Member

And they did a damn good job. I'm not a fan of The Mist, but I don't think it's the worst movie of all time.

6. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

It wasnt the end that made it bad, it was the whole movie that as bad. a different ending wouldnt have changed that! i have never been so happy for people to die in a movie before.

7. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

Wtf, mate? I actually liked the movie. It was the closest thing to a Dark Tower movie to come out. A thinny goes nuts and things from another world follow the path of the beam to ours and kill everything in site. Also, what's not to like about a bunch of creatures from god knows what where coming into your little Maine town? Also, the ending wasn't bad, in fact, I liked the ending. Nothing better than fucking yourself over just before help comes.

8. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

To be fair, it said 'One of the most shocking endings in film history', and it was.

Although, I did find the ending quite annoying, in the sense of, like, "Oh my God. Seriously? What the f***?! God damn it!"

9. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

One of the worst films of all time? I'm afraid I have to shun this list with a preemptive veto.

"The Mist" was not one of the worst films of all time. In fairness it certainly wasn't one of the best films of all time either. As a horror film expectations are low. It's a film about survival and desperation. I feel that if more traditional horror conventions were implicated into the film's cinematographic and editing style it would be less effective on the audience.

This is a grade B film. Above average but not outstanding. It certainly wasn't a terrible film.

10. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

King is such an amazing author but some of the movies arre horrible. I haven't seen one besides Stand By Me, and Carrie that I liked. I watched the Shining because I loved the book. I mean loved the book. I threw the dvd onto the street and watched my mom run over it.