The Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Millz, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, let's discuss them. They signed Chris Bosh, D-Wade and LeBron James. They just traded Michael Beasley away.

Here's a look at the roster...

PG: Chalmers?
    SG: Wade
    SF: LeBron
    PF: Bosh
    C: Joel Anthony

Jarvis Varnado, Kenny Hasbrouk, and Da'Sean Butler are rookies on the bench.

What's next?

Would Shaq take the minimum for 2 years to go out a champion? Or do they bring back Magloire?

And they need a shooter..Kyle Korver?

How many games this team going to win this year? All of them? Haha. I'm officially on the Heat bandwagon.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I saw something on ESPN about a computer simulation that calculated the Heat having a 66/16 win/loss ratio next year. It will be interesting to see how close that actually ends up being.

I kind of feel bad for Shaq if he finishes his career at Cleveland. After being such a great player for so many years he deserves to go out as a champion. If he goes back to the Heat (is that even an option for him?) then I'll root for them next playoffs (assuming the Nuggets don't make it to the finals). If not then I will root Lakers.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Obviously Boston just signed Jermiane, but I was hoping Shaq so he could form Big Baby.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally think the Heat are going to win a Championship next season. I don't believe they'll want Anthony as their center, so they might try and sign someone else.

A lot of people will say that they won't be able to play together because they were all star on their own team for most of their careers, but personally I disagree with that. I believe these three will gel and play well with each other. It should make more an awesome season if you're a Heat fan.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

There's a pretty big drop from the starting five to the bench. They'll have to build huge leads with their starting five and hope the bench can keep the lead .

I have a feeling they'll just rotate the three guys if their minutes start to pile up. They'll have to keep at least one of the three on the floor at all times.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I think the rookie out of Texas, Pittman, should be a decent center for them. If Mike Miller comes off the bench for them, that could be their 6th man type player.

7. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

They are also talking about bringing in Derrick Fischer and Big Z for guard and center.

That would be pretty sick.

8. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I highly doubt Z will leave Cleveland. He hated it when they traded him last year, even though he knew they were going to get him back.

Rumor has it now though ESPN Insider that Derek is staying with the Lakers.
    ------
    I highly doubt Z will leave Cleveland. He hated it when they traded him last year, even though he knew they were going to get him back.

Rumor has it now though ESPN Insider that Derek is staying with the Lakers.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I never believed Fisher would leave the Lakers for a second.

I think just about any big name going to the Heat now would be a little frowned upon at this point. :lol:

10. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Well, they did get Haslem back.. so that's another piece of the bench.