• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The mentality of getting drunk on your 18th bday.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I just came home from my cousin's bday party. She turned 18 today. No one at the party got drunk/wasted, neither did she.
Whle talking to a friend he was kind of surprised that she didn't get drunk, but I wasn't.
Just because you have the legal right to drink alcohol, doesn't necessarily mean to get wasted/drunk. Getting drunk is always pointless tome, regardless of the reason/occassion.

Did you get drunk on your 18th/21th bday?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I get hammered on all my birthdays, same thing with all my friends. A birthday is suppose to be a great celebration in my opinion, some people have their own ways to do so, but me and my friends like to get wasted and go out to the Bar. Turning 18, 19 or 21 is more special to some people because they turn legal, depending where they live, so a lot of them fill like celebrating and getting hammered.

Dabs

Registered Member
No Elly.....I didn't get drunk on my 18th or my 21st or any of my birthdays.
I don't see the point...you're going to wake up with a tremendous headache (probably) and sick to your stomach...and getting plastered has never been something that was important to me.......
I always tell people who wake up with an awful hang-over...(as they are telling me to keep it down)....I scream "You get what you deserve!"

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I get hammered on all my birthdays.Turning 18, 19 or 21 is more special to some people because they turn legal, depending where they live, so a lot of them fill like celebrating and getting hammered.
That's one of the disadvantages of these "legal ages". I've been drinking alcohol since I was little and never in my life have I gotten drunk. If I was prevented from doing it, I guess I would've gotten drunk on my legal age bday pary because it would've seemed like a bit deal to me.

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I think I got pretty drunk on my 18th. Had a joint party with 2 of my friends, and we invited all of our mutual friends and some close family members. It was really good actually, but I did manage to keep my dignity in tact which can't be said for all family occasions I have attended. :lol:
Turning 18 wasn't a big deal to me because I was drinking a few years before that. I didn't go to that birthday party planning on getting really drunk or anything.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I turned 21 I actually did not get drunk for some reason. I got drunk the weekend after that. I seem to remember a lot of my friends not being available or something happened where it had to be delayed. Didn't really bother me from what I remember, haha.

I have been drunk on my birthday before but it's not something I NEED to have happen. This year I went bowling and I drank a few but didn't get drunk. It was also a Tuesday and I no longer get drunk on weekdays.

I've always enjoyed drinking and yeah getting drunk is fun on occasion but just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I'll be drunk.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's one of the disadvantages of these "legal ages". I've been drinking alcohol since I was little and never in my life have I gotten drunk. If I was prevented from doing it, I guess I would've gotten drunk on my legal age bday pary because it would seem like a bit deal to me.
Maybe you, but it's not everyone. I started drinking at a fairly young age, not on a constant basis but from to time, and I still got wasted when I turned 18, 19, 20, 21 and so on. From the short time I've known you, it seems you could care less to get drunk and it's why that you didn't get wasted on your birthday.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I like Ruth get tore up from the floor up on all my birthdays. I also get drunker than Cooter Brown on my friends' birthdays as well because I typically pay for the taxi on theirs. I don't know how to celebrate a birthday sober anymore.:lol:

k3rm0r

Registered Member
No Elly.....I didn't get drunk on my 18th or my 21st or any of my birthdays.
I don't see the point...you're going to wake up with a tremendous headache (probably) and sick to your stomach...and getting plastered has never been something that was important to me.......
I always tell people who wake up with an awful hang-over...(as they are telling me to keep it down)....I scream "You get what you deserve!"
u don't need to get a awful hang-over or even a hang-over after u been drunk.. but i guess ppl have a different view on what drunk is. I can't even remember the last time i had a hang-over after i was drunk. Except when i had a fever and was pretty sick... i stil blame Ragnhild for that day!! she forced me to come. Needless to say.. painkillers + fever + alcohol.. not the best mix.. but was fun times

Dabs

Registered Member
u don't need to get a awful hang-over or even a hang-over after u been drunk.. but i guess ppl have a different view on what drunk is. I can't even remember the last time i had a hang-over after i was drunk. Except when i had a fever and was pretty sick... i stil blame Ragnhild for that day!! she forced me to come. Needless to say.. painkillers + fever + alcohol.. not the best mix.. but was fun times

Ok......are you drinking now?? :lol:
Because I can't make heads or tails out of your post...sorry:sigh:
But from what I gathered, I guess you could be right.
Iffn you are a big drinker, one who drinks quite often, then I guess it would be safe to say you aren't as apt to have a hang-over after your drinking binge, as those who are more newer to drinking.
I say this because I was married to an alcoholic.....he can put away 18 cans of beer a day, every day, and he's 52 years old.
He doesn't really get "hang-overs" anymore......he just feels like shit ~LoL~