The master cleanse

elcaminojoe

Registered Member
I know one shouldn't jump into things all willy nilly-like, but my girlfriend did all the research on it, and I don't think I could get much UNhealthier, so we decided to do this thing called THE MASTER CLEANSE. Supposedly, after you are cleansed, you can in effect "start over" and try to eat healthy and you lose cravings for specific foods, that is, until you trigger them again. So basically its supposedly a "reset button" on ever have eaten food.

so I just decided to make a thread and tell everyone about it.
Basically, all you do is shit yourself silly:

1. take laxative before bed.
2. sleep.
3. wake up. drink liter of saltwater.
4. shit.
5. throughout day, all you get is 2+ liters of liquid concoction
5a. liquid concoction: organic maple syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, cayenne pepper, water.
6. repeat for at least 10 days. We are on day two.

i just wanted to see what GFers think.;)

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
This is ridiculous and horrible for your body. Why in the hell would you drink salt water? don't do that, you'll dehydrate yourself. You could do some serious damage by following this regime. 10 days? where is your protein, where are your vitamins, where are your minerals? You two are going to end up in the hospital if you keep this up.

Please trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about.

elcaminojoe

Registered Member
Well I don't know about all that, but her mom did it, and is like in her late forties, and was fine. the lemons have vitamin C, the organic maple syrup has sugar and minerals in it, and the concoction is mostly water so dehydration goes away. Its no worse than fasting for Christ (or whoever the hell one might fast for). I guess if I never post again, I died.:lick:

and like I said, I was so unhealthy before.....it probably can't hurt.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree with Jeanie 100%, this is a ridiculous thing to do. Not only can it probably hurt, it will most likely hurt. I would recommend stopping this as soon as possible.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
...but you do realize eating/drinking any kind of laxative before you bed will make you have the s***s right? Come on now, that's basic knowledge, and those things work on a 5-10 minute time frame like clockwork.

I would like for you to site your sources on this experiment if you could.

~Shwa

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Well I don't know about all that, but her mom did it, and is like in her late forties, and was fine. the lemons have vitamin C, the organic maple syrup has sugar and minerals in it, and the concoction is mostly water so dehydration goes away. Its no worse than fasting for Christ (or whoever the hell one might fast for). I guess if I never post again, I died.:lick:

well, you asked what we think. I told you what I think and you argued so I guess you don't really care what we think.

I'm in nursing school, Shwa is a CNA; I'm pretty sure we both know what we're talking about. If you don't want to take our word for it, ask a doctor. A doctor will tell you that it's a ridiculous thing to do.

Fasting

please read that link, particularly under the heading "physical effects of fasting"

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
If you want to detox, why not just live a better lifestyle? Eat better, excercise to the point of sweating more, go to bed early, and drink water. Just normal, regular water, without any of the added crap.

And for God's sake, don't drink saltwater!

elcaminojoe

Registered Member
If you want to detox, why not just live a better lifestyle? Eat better, excercise to the point of sweating more, go to bed early, and drink water. Just normal, regular water, without any of the added crap.
That's what were going to try to do afterward, it's supposed to be a cleanse as a starting point for a new healthier lifestyle.
Lastly, maybe I should point out some vagueness that was in my description of this stupid thing: The "laxative" actually isn't like a regular laxative, its one of those organic teas that has mild laxative effects. And thing about the saltwater, you don't drink it all day, it's a flush. You chug it right when you get up, then shit it out 1-2 hours later, then carry on with the rest of the day, drinking the other stuff -and regular water. So you're hydrated, no problem there. But whatever, I actually feel good from it so far, so idk.

But ANYway, I just wanted to see what people thought, I didn't say I was going to listen to any of them.:lol:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Nothing wrong with tea, but seriously dude, nix the saltwater. Unless you're one of those incredibly rare people that never eats out and cooks entirely organic, you get way more salt than you could ever possibly need just in your daily diet alone, nevermind adding an extra 4,500mg.

elcaminojoe

Registered Member
I didn't know I would get such vigorous response to this thread I was just bored. And maybe I should say that the 'saltwater' is one teaspoon in a liter. So that's not like really that much I don't think.

ANYway.