• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Religion The Mark of the Beast

dDave

V.I.P.
This will be a hard discussion for people that don't believe in God or any kind of spiritual realm. To really believe or think anything about this without first believing in a spiritual realm is kind of impossible. Personally, the apocalypse and end times has always been a fascinating subject for me to study. I'm not really sure why but I find it to be quite interesting. One of the more well known things stated in the book of Revelation is the Mark of the Beast. People have been speculating for thousands of years about what the mark might be. What is the mark? Who is the beast?

People have speculated that it's stuff like a currency, religion, even Barack Obama.

Here's a theory that I think might actually have some merit to it.

Revelation 13:18 says this...

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Here's the blue letter bible KJV vs original greek comparison.

BLB - Rev 13: Revelation of Jesus Christ 13 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Then consider what's said here...

Islam and Mark of the Beast by Walid Shoebat - YouTube

I can't say for sure if there's a connection there but man it does get you wondering does it not?

For the record, Revelation was written over 500 years prior to the establishment of Islam.

What do you believe about the mark? Do you believe we know who the beast is? What about the mark?

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This will be a hard discussion for people that don't believe in God or any kind of spiritual realm. To really believe or think anything about this without first believing in a spiritual realm is kind of impossible. Personally, the apocalypse and end times has always been a fascinating subject for me to study. I'm not really sure why but I find it to be quite interesting. One of the more well known things stated in the book of Revelation is the Mark of the Beast. People have been speculating for thousands of years about what the mark might be. What is the mark? Who is the best?

People have speculated that it's stuff like a currency, religion, even Barack Obama.

Here's a theory that I think might actually have some merit to it.

Revelation 13:18 says this...

Here's the blue letter bible KJV vs original greek comparison.

BLB - Rev 13: Revelation of Jesus Christ 13 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Then consider what's said here...

Islam and Mark of the Beast by Walid Shoebat - YouTube

I can't say for sure if there's a connection there but man it does get you wondering does it not?

For the record, Revelation was written over 500 years prior to the establishment of Islam.

What do you believe about the mark? Do you believe we know who the beast is? What about the mark?
That's interesting. I've never heard that before. It raises some questions for me. I don't understand where the Gog and Magog war fits in because he Bible seems to say that Gog and Magog will be a Jewish-Islam war and the Islamics will be completely destroyed. I'd really like to see those symbols in the original text.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm by no means a scholar on the book of Revelation and the end times but I'm still fascinated by it.

I wonder if the context is right in the original text that it would even make sense for it to say "In the name of Allah". Still, you can't deny that what's inscribed on the page is there. Technically if it's a number then it says 600, 60, 6 in Greek (which is the way to express 666 in Greek, but it could also mean 616 from what scholars say). If John saw these symbols he may have thought they were numbers or he may have simply gotten the orientation wrong on Arabic text that he didn't know how to read.

I'm not sure where the Gog and Magog war will fit either. One thing about Revelation is that the book is not necessarily written in chronological order. There are certain events you could place on a timeline (by reasoning) but generally it's unclear.

Israel (the Jews) have been at war with Islam for a very long time. Many non-Muslims (and even nonreligious people) actually sympathize with the Muslims on a lot of these issues, that's still beyond me.

I wonder how much of Revelation (if any) is going on all around us and we don't even see it. Have we really seen the Mark of the Beast?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm no scholar on this topic either, so this is just my understanding of the mark of the beast.

First of all, I highly doubt it will be 666, in that form. If it relates to the number, it would be a more ancient representation of the number. Also, the mark of the beast could be the name of the beast, or the number of the name of the beast (Rev 13:17).

There have been rumors of the mark being a tattoo, or a barcode, and fundamentalists suggest that ANY tattoo is the mark of the beast. I couldn't disagree more with this theory. I highly doubt getting a tattoo of a fleur de lis to remind you of a great time in your life will condemn you in the end times without you realizing at the time of getting it that it would.

I absolutely think that those who get to those times will know 100% that the mark they put on them will be the mark of the beast. No hidden agendas. They will chose to get them to ease the last days on earth. And those who deny it, will suffer, knowingly.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
7 is the perfect number and 777 could represent the perfect trinity. 6 is the fallen number so 666 could just mean the unholy trinity. Instead of God, Satan. Instead of Jesus, the anti-Christ. And instead of The Holy Spirit, the false prophet.

As far as what it is physically, it is tied to commerce and will be embedded in the skin so its got to be either a microchip or a device that scans biometrics. Either one of those options would be easy to put in place today.

dDave

V.I.P.
7 is the perfect number and 777 could represent the perfect trinity. 6 is the fallen number so 666 could just mean the unholy trinity. Instead of God, Satan. Instead of Jesus, the anti-Christ. And instead of The Holy Spirit, the false prophet.

As far as what it is physically, it is tied to commerce and will be embedded in the skin so its got to be either a microchip or a device that scans biometrics. Either one of those options would be easy to put in place today.
But it's supposed to be on the hand AND the forehead. Wouldn't a chip or biometric device be singular?

Here's what it says... (in KJV)

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Now, one interesting thing to note about the KJV is that the word "in" is used rather than "on" as other translations state. I have no idea which one is the correct

The original greek word is "epi" Strong's Greek: 1909. which means "on" so I'm unsure about why it says "in" in the KJV.

If this does actually happen in our time then it's going to be pretty scary I'm sure but it will also be very interesting to see unfold.

Another question is whether or not the mark of the beast is the number, the name, or a different mark, or if they're all the same thing.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Although this explanation is intriguing, so is this one...

Perhaps they both have merit. During WWII there were some unholy affiliations with between both parties and Nazi Germany. I do find the results of the name/number game to be very consistent though, perhaps I would feel differently though if I crunched my own name using that system. :)