The Marchment Special.... Taking out the Knees

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by icegoat63, Nov 9, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Darcy Tucker got caught taking out the knees and now the NHL is Reviewing it. Heres the Story:

NHL to examine Tucker's actions

The honest to goodness truth is now one likes to see someones career come to an end, however is this something that should be regulated hard or is the common "Keep your head up and dont put yourself in that position" type argument decent grounds to stand on?

What are your opinions on the low hits?

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

first off whats said on the ice should stay on the ice. a lot of what is said on the ice is said in the heat of competition and is forgotten later on or until next game.

i'm against any kind of cheap shot whatsoever. but some players are baiting. there are many players who are turning into the boards when they see a hit coming to get the boarding call.

this should only be a suspension if he was injured. otherwise it was up to the on ice officials for a decision.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Logically, only waiting until injuries (rather than suspending for all equivalent hits) won't do anything to solve the issue.

I hate low hits, knee hits, the like. Careers get shortened because of it. The NHL should step up to stop them. This isn't gladiator combat, this is supposedly a respectable sport.