The Marchment Special.... Taking out the Knees

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Darcy Tucker got caught taking out the knees and now the NHL is Reviewing it. Heres the Story:

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA - Darcy Tucker could be facing disciplinary action today from the NHL for his low hit aimed at the legs of Wild defenseman Nick Schultz during the third period of Colorado's 3-1 loss to Minnesota on Thursday night.
According to an NHL source, the league reviewed the hit Friday and will decide before today's Avalanche game vs. Nashville whether to fine or suspend Tucker.
After the game, Schultz told the Star Tribune that Tucker threatened him late in the second period, saying, he was going "to come and take out my knees."
"And then he actually does it," Schultz said. "It says everything you need to know about that guy."
Tucker, who's got a history of questionable hits and suspensions, told the Denver Post on Friday, "I don't want to discuss anything that might have been said on the ice. I'm an energy player and I go out there and play the game as hard as I can."
NHL to examine Tucker's actions

The honest to goodness truth is now one likes to see someones career come to an end, however is this something that should be regulated hard or is the common "Keep your head up and dont put yourself in that position" type argument decent grounds to stand on?

What are your opinions on the low hits?

Turbo

Registered Member
first off whats said on the ice should stay on the ice. a lot of what is said on the ice is said in the heat of competition and is forgotten later on or until next game.

i'm against any kind of cheap shot whatsoever. but some players are baiting. there are many players who are turning into the boards when they see a hit coming to get the boarding call.

this should only be a suspension if he was injured. otherwise it was up to the on ice officials for a decision.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
this should only be a suspension if he was injured. otherwise it was up to the on ice officials for a decision.
Logically, only waiting until injuries (rather than suspending for all equivalent hits) won't do anything to solve the issue.

I hate low hits, knee hits, the like. Careers get shortened because of it. The NHL should step up to stop them. This isn't gladiator combat, this is supposedly a respectable sport.