• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Low Number of Episodes on Anime DVD's

P

Pitman

Anime companies are ripping people off by putting an extremely low numbers of episodes on anime DVD's. The companies are just trying to make you pay more, becuase you're paying for the fact that it is one or two (or however many) DVD('s), not the number of episodes on each DVD. Most anime DVD's in America have either three or four episodes on them and start out around $25.00. At the same time, FUNimation released the anime Dragon Ball in two-DVD sets with up to eight episodes on each disc, and those sets started around $40.00. So, you're paying for the number of DVD's, not the number of episodes you're getting. It'd be like you have two different cans of two different types of soups. One can is half-full and the other can is completely full, but the cans are the same price, because of the fact that you're getting one can. Not only that, but if you you a are big anime collector, you could end up with an ungodly number of DVD's, when the companies could make them more compact.

Malificus

Likes snow
You do realize that most of the price goes to licencing right? the more episodes on a disc on average, the more you'd have to pay per disc. Look at Japanese anime, one to two episodes a disc for 60 dollars a disc. We have it so good that some japanese will buy american copies of anime. Anime has cheapened up recently as well, it used to be much more expensive, but now you can go buy a thinpack for 30 and get ten hours of (extraless) anime.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Anime has gone down in some price. Yes some discs have like 3 or 4 episodes to them. Gundam Seed is the only one ive seen with 5 episodes per disc (20 bucks for 5 i think is reasonable)

For example i remember when NGE digitally remastered platinum edition game out it was going for well over 150 bucks. A couple years later the box set is 65 bucks.

I dont mind supporting the companies of animes i really like. Usually ill buy the movies of some series too.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Fruits Basket has a whopping 6 eps per disk and it only cost me 10 quid ^_^. But yeah, it's a pain the ass to pay 20 quid for 4-5 eps per disk. Hell i'm going to be playing 20 quid for FF:AC on 2 disk dvd, what's the point in 2 disks?

N

Nestor

Swiftstrike said:
Anime has gone down in some price. [...] For example i remember when NGE digitally remastered platinum edition game out it was going for well over 150 bucks. A couple years later the box set is 65 bucks.
I bought mine for $20. From Walmart.

And anyone that knows me knows I don't buy anime here in the states. I watch everything raw in native japanese, excepting under certain circumstances.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Nestor said:
Swiftstrike said:
Anime has gone down in some price. [...] For example i remember when NGE digitally remastered platinum edition game out it was going for well over 150 bucks. A couple years later the box set is 65 bucks.
I bought mine for $20. From Walmart.

And anyone that knows me knows I don't buy anime here in the states. I watch everything raw in native japanese, excepting under certain circumstances.
You speak japanese i take it?

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
65$? 20$? 40?
Try free. Thaaaank you The Internet.