The "List"

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Merc, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm of course referring to the 2003 Survey that was apparently "anonymous". Do you think it's right that this list was anonymous and now is slowly being made public? I think it's downright wrong what is being done to these players. I think they should require mandatory testing for every player on a set date and release that list to the public. The 2003 survey was never meant to be public.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally believe it's wrong on what their doing right now. Personally I believe the fans have a right to see the list. But my reason being that is because they've already released some names like Ortiz, A Rod and few others. If they would of never released any names in the first place then I don't believe fans should know who the players on that list were. This steroid ERA is arguably the worse ERA for baseball in it's entire history, maybe the Black Sox Scandal was a bit worse. I just think they should stop teasing us with one name at a time and release the whole list at once, so we can move on to better baseball.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It is wrong. As you guys said, slowly leaking out names and hurting someones public view is just killing baseball as a whole.

I have a question though..

Who's names, if they were on it, would kill you if you found out they were on the list in 2003.

Mine would have to be Puljoh's and Griffey. I feel like neither of them have taken steroids and they are clean but if their names came out.. I might just give up on baseball.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think the public should have the right to know which players are on the list. However, I do think it's retarded that they're not releasing the entire list at one time.

Bob, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pujols is on the list, or has taken steroids at some point. The guy is huge.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

My top two guys are Carlos Delgado and Ken Griffey Jr, I idolized these two players growing up, and if I found out they were taken any steroids I would actually be crushed.

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I think it's wrong to make this list public, the premise of it was that it would be anonymous.

I agree with Cons that NOW that they're testing, all names should be released. As far as the 2003 list goes, I don't think any names should be released.

7. Merc

You don't think it's bad that the players were lied to? That they were told it was anonymous and then exposed? That's low. People don't have the "right" to know because it was anonymous. They were never meant to know.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Well I don't really know what the conditions were. If they were told it would be anonymous then it probably should be, and I'm surprised there haven't been any lawsuits.

9. Merc

The player's union can't be excited about this, I can tell you that much. There haven't been lawsuits that we've seen yet but that may be because the union is looking into how to approach this. I bet if the list was released in its entirety, you'd see a backlash.