• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies The Lion King (original) in 3D

dDave

V.I.P.
Here's something that may interest some of you.

The Lion King is Disney's best selling movie and for a good reason, it has a superb voice acting cast, the cartoon graphics look great, and the music is simply incredible.

The movie is coming out on Blu Ray in September and Disney wanted to give people something new along with it, for 2 weeks before the release on Blu-Ray the movie will be showing in 3-D.

Disney Announces "Lion King 3D" Release | News | Dark Horizons

This is the best part about all 100% animated movies, since they weren't filmed on a mono lens they can all be put into actual 3-D and not look crappy like Star Wars in 3-D or any other movie not filmed in 3-D originally.

I'm definitely going to be going to see this, The Lion King is definitely my favorite Disney movie and I have confidence that Disney will make the 3-D look great.

I used to hate 3-D but now I like it.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I will go see it! I also hope this would become a new trend. Oh, to see Belle spin around in town square in 3d. Or one of Beast's hissy fits send a chair flying at you.

dDave

V.I.P.
I will go see it! I also hope this would become a new trend. Oh, to see Belle spin around in town square in 3d. Or one of Beast's hissy fits send a chair flying at you.
The thing is though that there already needs to be a shot of that in the movie. They are making the 1994 (original) edition of the movie only in 3-D, it's going to look and feel exactly the same except it will be in 3-D. They are keeping the original frames as the left eye and making the second set of frames for the right eye currently this is called a stereoscopic point of view.

I can't wait though, it's going to be nice to see a good disney movie in theaters, it's been too long!

stripes

Registered Member
I heard about this about a week ago, and being a massive Disney fan with Lion King being my favourite movie, I'm obviously pretty excited. The Disney 3D movies at the theme parks are incredibly well done - I can't wait!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I hear about this a while ago. The Lion King is my favourite movie of all time so I will certainly be seeing this one, probably many times. I will be first in line for the blu-ray as well.

dDave

V.I.P.
I hear about this a while ago. The Lion King is my favourite movie of all time so I will certainly be seeing this one, probably many times. I will be first in line for the blu-ray as well.
Yeah I will be getting the Blu Ray pretty quickly as well.

The only version of the movie I have is on VHS (like most of my disney movies) :lol: I never got around to getting the DVD and by the time I was considering getting the DVD the Blu Ray had been announced, I figured it was a waste of time and money to get the DVD when the Blu Ray is going to be the same price later on.

I am not going to go see it in theaters multiple times though. :lol: