• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies The Lion King 3D

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The Lion King is basically my favourite film of all time, so I was really excited when I heard about this re-release. I got to see my all time favourite movie in the cinema... for the first time! Also, I know heaps of people enjoy hating on 3D and just call it a money making gimmick... which it probably is, but it genuinely looked really good here.

I've never been a fan of 3D in live-action films, but I have only ever been impressed with 3D in animation. Even this traditional cell animation looks outstanding in 3D. It's like it was always meant to be seen this way. It adds layers and depth to the visuals that are hard to even explain, but look so good. Has anyone else seen it?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I've been waiting to go and see this movie but time for freedom does not exist for me anymore. I am very excited to see it in the cinemas but not 3D. As much as I love 3D, I am not sure if it's going to work.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Trust me, it works. I originally planned to see it twice in the cinema, once in 3D just to check it out (I thought it would be shit) then once in 2D to see it as it was originally seen. But after seeing it in 3D I was so blown away with how great it looked that I will probably see it again in 3D. It just works so well with cell animation. It felt like it was always supposed to be seen like that.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I saw it in 3D as well, and there was 2 or 3 scenes that really made this movie stand out from the 2d version. I was fortunate enough to remember when I saw the Lion King in theaters when it was released originally in '94 and that was awesome all in itself, but I have to say the 3d version did it's justice and it is a must watch for people that like this movie.