• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Legacy of the Undertaker

Anthony1975

Registered Member
I personally do not think there will ever be another like The Undertaker. I for one believe the streak should remain intact but if they ever decided to end it I will never ever watch WWE again and that is a promise.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Thanks a lot for posting this, Millz. What a great read about a guy who's been a Hall of Famer since long before they even invented the thing.

I really enjoyed how he gave his reviews of each WM match and described them briefly.

The quotes throughout were great; my favorite was one of the last ones, by Chris Jericho, saying that guys with as much success as the Undertaker could really just "rest on their laurels." Despite this, you see Taker jumping over the top rope, putting his body on the line, showing his love for the business in everything he does.

Despite the fact that I'm a much bigger HHH fan, long live the streak!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Great read, I agree.

Taker's legacy will never be matched. His debut persona was unlike anything at the time and he started really driving home the fact that characters, not people (mostly) would carry the WWF/E for the next years to come. The only wrestler that may ever come close to his legacy (currently) is HHH.

In my opinion. Taker is #3 on my all-time list behind Bob Backlund (major mark) and Ric Flair (WOOOO!) and is ahead of SCSA at #5 and HBK at #4

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The Undertaker is best big guy in the business, and nobody will ever get close to him when it comes to his talent. He will retire undefeated at Mania, there's no doubt about that.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Undertaker is best big guy in the business, and nobody will ever get close to him when it comes to his talent. He will retire undefeated at Mania, there's no doubt about that.
Indeed. To have him lose it in his last match, even to "pass the torch" to a younger superstar, would defeat the whole purpose of having The Streak.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Over the weekend I watched the Documentary on The Big Show.

And there was a part about how when he got put into the WWE he was so unaware of the talent and effort required that he turned into just a goon. Then they Paired him up with Taker and he said it changed his life.

He gave epic credit to how much the Taker knew about the job, what it took and how it all was supposed to go down. I laughed at the part where he said;

"and I'd finish a really great match and I'm thinking I did such a great job.. then I'd get to the Locker Room and Taker would be sitting there with that Bent Finger calling me over there to rip my ass about all the things I did Wrong".

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Over the weekend I watched the Documentary on The Big Show.

And there was a part about how when he got put into the WWE he was so unaware of the talent and effort required that he turned into just a goon. Then they Paired him up with Taker and he said it changed his life.

He gave epic credit to how much the Taker knew about the job, what it took and how it all was supposed to go down. I laughed at the part where he said;

"and I'd finish a really great match and I'm thinking I did such a great job.. then I'd get to the Locker Room and Taker would be sitting there with that Bent Finger calling me over there to rip my ass about all the things I did Wrong".
I saw that, too (at least the hour-long version, not the multi-disk DVD that was released too).

Big Show is, at this point, a veteran himself and I'm sure mostly a wise figure in the locker room. At his current age, he said that his two greatest mentors were the Undertaker and Arn Anderson.

It's really cool to see Undertaker on that 2-person list, especially considering that he wasn't as long-lived of a veteran as guys like AA when Wight first met him. To me it kind of showed that where some guys weren't respected in the back that far into their careers, Undertaker was and helped to usher in the current generation of stars (and some that have left).

I know he's not perfect, but it's cool to hear about that backstage presence that he has.

It brings to mind another statement from the article that Millz had posted. I forget who had said it, but a wrestler noted that Undertaker will not only be famous for his in-ring ability, character, streak, and accolades, but that his locker room presence will be talked about for years to come. Pretty cool and a unique form of praise.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I saw that, too (at least the hour-long version, not the multi-disk DVD that was released too).

Big Show is, at this point, a veteran himself and I'm sure mostly a wise figure in the locker room. At his current age, he said that his two greatest mentors were the Undertaker and Arn Anderson.

It's really cool to see Undertaker on that 2-person list, especially considering that he wasn't as long-lived of a veteran as guys like AA when Wight first met him. To me it kind of showed that where some guys weren't respected in the back that far into their careers, Undertaker was and helped to usher in the current generation of stars (and some that have left).

I know he's not perfect, but it's cool to hear about that backstage presence that he has.

It brings to mind another statement from the article that Millz had posted. I forget who had said it, but a wrestler noted that Undertaker will not only be famous for his in-ring ability, character, streak, and accolades, but that his locker room presence will be talked about for years to come. Pretty cool and a unique form of praise.
Unique praise, indeed. Very few superstars are less about themselves and more for the good of the locker room. Taker is one of the last. He knows so much about the business that for a younger star NOT to learn from him is stupid.