• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The LeBell Lock

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So since Daniel Bryan's re-debut on RAW, I had been trying to figure out the difference between his "LeBell Lock" and a regular Crossface a la Chris Benoit.

Apparently the key to the LeBell Lock (created by a former Judo/Pro Wrestling guy), is in how the arm/shoulder are locked up during the submission...the crossface is just the cherry on top.

Here's a link to a WWE story about the submission that came out right before Night of Champions on WWE.com.

WWE: TV Shows > Night of Champions > Exclusives > Opening the LeBell Lock

Here's a link to a wrestling forum discussion about the submission move...post #9 has a pretty sweet YouTube clip of George St. Pierre demonstrating the LeBell Lock.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/519697-lebell-lock-crossface.html

Finally, here's a video of Bryan doing the move a few times. From what the above article and/or video had said (not sure which), it's a versatile move because you don't have to lock it in one certain way for it to be effective...generally it's a figure four-like arm/shoulder lock, and then he adds the crossface.

YouTube - Daniel Bryan - The LeBell Lock

The links are worth a look! Thoughts on Daniel Bryan's new submission? I still wish he'd bring back the Cattle Mutilation, but it's a pretty cool one anyway. Awesome to see guys tapping again, and his technical skill is a sight to behold. :nod:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I second the Cattle Mutilation motion. Why the WWE won't let him bring it back is beyond me. Although, I really like the LaBell Lock, but has anyone noticed that it takes Daniel Bryan a few seconds to lock it in properly?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I second the Cattle Mutilation motion. Why the WWE won't let him bring it back is beyond me. Although, I really like the LaBell Lock, but has anyone noticed that it takes Daniel Bryan a few seconds to lock it in properly?
I noticed that, but it's fine with me for now. Some times are quicker than others. And if you've read and watched the above stuff, it's kind of a complex way to tie your legs properly around the shoulder area and then lock in a crossface on top of that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love the LeBell Lock, it's amazing on how quick he can lock it in on his opponent. I wish more Wrestlers had submissions has their finishing move, I think it's a lost art in the WWE today, and it's a real shame.

Thanks for doing some research on the move itself Unity.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I remember the first time I saw him put someone in that and my thought was, damn, that looks brutal. It's a really cool finisher and its really cool Danielson is such a wrestling history buff and would give credit where it's due.

viLky

ykLiv
I love the LeBell Lock, it's amazing on how quick he can lock it in on his opponent. I wish more Wrestlers had submissions has their finishing move, I think it's a lost art in the WWE today, and it's a real shame.

Thanks for doing some research on the move itself Unity.
Really? WWE seems to be bombarding us with submissions nowadays:

- Jack Swagger's Ankle Lock
- CM Punk's Camel Clutch
- Undertaker's Hell's Gate
- Dolph's Sleeper
- Alberto's Armbar
- Master's Masters Lock
- Jericho's Walls of Jericho

And now we have DB's. Blah, WWE seems to do this a lot. When they're lacking something they'll suddenly have that turned upside down and everybody will be doing it. .__.

Last edited: