The LeBell Lock

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

So since Daniel Bryan's re-debut on RAW, I had been trying to figure out the difference between his "LeBell Lock" and a regular Crossface a la Chris Benoit.

Apparently the key to the LeBell Lock (created by a former Judo/Pro Wrestling guy), is in how the arm/shoulder are locked up during the submission...the crossface is just the cherry on top.

Here's a link to a WWE story about the submission that came out right before Night of Champions on WWE.com.

WWE: TV Shows > Night of Champions > Exclusives > Opening the LeBell Lock

Here's a link to a wrestling forum discussion about the submission move...post #9 has a pretty sweet YouTube clip of George St. Pierre demonstrating the LeBell Lock.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/519697-lebell-lock-crossface.html

Finally, here's a video of Bryan doing the move a few times. From what the above article and/or video had said (not sure which), it's a versatile move because you don't have to lock it in one certain way for it to be effective...generally it's a figure four-like arm/shoulder lock, and then he adds the crossface.

YouTube - Daniel Bryan - The LeBell Lock

The links are worth a look! Thoughts on Daniel Bryan's new submission? I still wish he'd bring back the Cattle Mutilation, but it's a pretty cool one anyway. Awesome to see guys tapping again, and his technical skill is a sight to behold. :nod:

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I second the Cattle Mutilation motion. Why the WWE won't let him bring it back is beyond me. Although, I really like the LaBell Lock, but has anyone noticed that it takes Daniel Bryan a few seconds to lock it in properly?

3. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I noticed that, but it's fine with me for now. Some times are quicker than others. And if you've read and watched the above stuff, it's kind of a complex way to tie your legs properly around the shoulder area and then lock in a crossface on top of that.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I love the LeBell Lock, it's amazing on how quick he can lock it in on his opponent. I wish more Wrestlers had submissions has their finishing move, I think it's a lost art in the WWE today, and it's a real shame.

Thanks for doing some research on the move itself Unity.

5. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I remember the first time I saw him put someone in that and my thought was, damn, that looks brutal. It's a really cool finisher and its really cool Danielson is such a wrestling history buff and would give credit where it's due.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Really? WWE seems to be bombarding us with submissions nowadays:

- Jack Swagger's Ankle Lock
    - CM Punk's Camel Clutch
    - Undertaker's Hell's Gate
    - Dolph's Sleeper
    - Alberto's Armbar
    - Master's Masters Lock
    - Jericho's Walls of Jericho

And now we have DB's. Blah, WWE seems to do this a lot. When they're lacking something they'll suddenly have that turned upside down and everybody will be doing it. .__.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010