• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The latest in the clusterfuck that is the Florida Panthers

willge87

Registered Member
Crypticshock ought to enjoy this one. My parents were down in Florida for a week to use the condo and are at the Bruins-Panthers game that is ongoing:

https://twitter.com/willge87/status/442 ... 32/photo/1

What's wrong with this picture?

I know the dolls would've already been produced but geez...

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Re: The latest in the clusterfuck that is the Florida Panthe

I posted on your tweet.

It was planned well before the trade deadline and they figured they would still give them out to the fans. Might as well, they spent the money they can not afford to spend on them in the first place. The bobblehead cost more than the tickets!

BJBirdy

Registered Member

Exactly. What were they supposed to do? Not give out the bobbleheads? Or not trade Thomas because of the bobblehead day? This is just a case of the media kicking a team when they're down.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.

The question I do have is, who the hell would want a Tim Thomas bobblehead in the first place lol. As it was mentioned might as well give them away to the 10 people who showed up to the game. Ps, was that picture taken before or during the game?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.

Saw this on Sportscentre this morning and found it pretty funny:

@Flapanthers: Everyone in attendance will receive a Luongo poster! First 7500 can also take home a Thomas Bobblehead. pic.twitter.com/a26QjFGvaE

@DallasStars: @FlaPanthers could you send a bobblehead or two our way? Feel free to customize it if you have a green marker around.

@FlaPanthers: @DallasStars We could, but you should probably find someone more qualified to back up Timmy for now (just to be safe).

@DallasStars: @FlaPanthers we did. He beat you guys in September, remember?

BJBirdy

Registered Member

Dickey's Flow said:
The question I do have is, who the hell would want a Tim Thomas bobblehead in the first place lol. As it was mentioned might as well give them away to the 10 people who showed up to the game. Ps, was that picture taken before or during the game?
I once went to a Jays/Orioles game in 2011 when it was Brian Matusz bobblehead day. The first 20,000 fans were supposed to get bobbleheads.

The announced attendance? 19,396 :lol: I still have mine buried somewhere in my closet. It poured like crazy that day, so the box is totally destroyed but I'm sure the bobblehead itself is fine.

Crypticshock

Registered Member

In what world do September NHL games mean enough that you can chirp about it?

willge87

Registered Member

Crypticshock said:
In what world do September NHL games mean enough that you can chirp about it?
In Dallas?