The last time you played?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I was thinking this morning that it's been a while since I picked up any of the instruments I own and played it.

I need to get back to doing it because I remember how it helps me feel more relaxed and at the same time inspired.

Does playing your instruments have that same effect on you? Have you played lately?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I used to play guitar a long time ago. I had three, one of which was an old cheap guitar shaped like a Fender Strat that I had painted like Eddie Van Halen's. I gave them up a long time ago (except the painted one) and regret it. I've been thinking about buying one and picking it up again, it was something relaxing to me and I enjoyed playing very much.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah. I mean listening to music does that to me too but somehow playing it seem to do more. I'm picking up my keyboard today.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm teaching myself. :lol: My family had a tradition of giving the children piano lessons. So my grandma does it, my mom and her 4 siblings, and somehow the tradition stopped with my older sister. :/

Ironically, I'm the one in the family who is more into music than the rest who had been forced to sit through private piano lessons. So I taught myself and I'm not doing bad. I read notes because I do that for singing, rehearsing drums or with my percussion lyre. I do have a problem synchronising my left and right hand (it's way easier to just sing the notes than read and play all of them haha). I picked up some music sheet of my favorite songs and I tend to rehearse that. It's more motivating to learn that way.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That's really neat, I've been wanting to buy some books and start teaching myself. I can read music but not very well, I was in choir in high school but that was so long ago:)

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Well, It has been a while for me as well. I play my keyboard about once a week, but I get really frusterated because it is so small compared to my piano, and I sold my piano a while ago, so I really don't truely play often, more just goof off on the keyboard. I have also been trying to use it for physical therapy since my hand surgery and it actually helps!

I havent played guitar since i broke my hand, but I am better at piano anyway lol, so i'll stick with that for now.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Well, It has been a while for me as well. I play my keyboard about once a week, but I get really frusterated because it is so small compared to my piano, and I sold my piano a while ago, so I really don't truely play often, more just goof off on the keyboard. I have also been trying to use it for physical therapy since my hand surgery and it actually helps!

I havent played guitar since i broke my hand, but I am better at piano anyway lol, so i'll stick with that for now.
At least the keyboard (and guitar) can be carried around more than a big piano. :lol: That's why I have a keyboard. I would love to have a piano at home though (in my family home, we have one) but this flat is too small and the neighbors downstairs may not like it much, haha.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
At least the keyboard (and guitar) can be carried around more than a big piano. :lol: That's why I have a keyboard. I would love to have a piano at home though (in my family home, we have one) but this flat is too small and the neighbors downstairs may not like it much, haha.
Hahaha that is true. It is nice to just be able to store it under the bed.. which I obviously couldn't do with a piano :lol: I really don't have room for it in my house anyway, but I can imagine your neighbors might not appreciate it, although my neighbors in my old apartment used to play saxophone and I loved listening to them when they played.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
As much as I love my bassoon I don't usually get it out casually because it's just so big and a pain to casually put together and take apart. XD

And now I lost my music practice room in the house because my sister moved back in and took that room. There just isn't much room in my room for my stand and chair... and there's no room at all for my keyboard. D:

My keyboard is awkwardly placed in the office right now, and not even plugged in. It's the instrument I play the most out of all of them because I can put in the headphones and not have to worry about anybody hearing me... Now I don't have that anymore. T_T

There's a piano in the living room, but it's obvious all over the house whenever somebody is playing it, so I only play it when I'm the only one around.

At this moment it goes like this:
Piano - Last played earlier today.
Bassoon - Last played last night, because it was graduation night for my college, and of course the band is always there to play. =P
Clarinet - Sometime last week.
Keyboard - Probably sometime the week before last.
Trumpet - Around May of 2007.
Alto Saxophone - Sometime in early 2007. I love it, but... It doesn't work properly. =( I've got it out since that point, but haven't really played it.