• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 The Last of Us: Naughty Dog's Next Game

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Last Of Us - Debut Trailer

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.

As another title was revealed more at the VGA's this past Saturday, it was shown that Naughty Dog, developers of the Uncharted saga, are working on a completely new, unique, IP entitled "The Last of Us". As you can see by the trailer, it seems to be set in a sort of overgrown metropolis many years after some sort of catastrophe infected humans with some sort of brain-controlling fungus (mix of The Happening and Resident Evil if you ask me). No release date was given.

Additionally, Naughty Dog had this to say...

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/834h472kmfs8/ said:
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.
Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I was considering posting this haha. I knew it would turn up eventually. I think the trailers cool, but it's nothing really new is it? Zombie-mutant apocalypse? We've seen it all before a hundred times. Although I will be buying it on first day release because even though it looks similar to every other game at the moment, this IS a Naughty Dog game. And since it's ND you can almost guarantee that it will have amazing and genuine character development and writing.

Also, girl in trailer looks SO much like Ellen Page.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Also, girl in trailer looks SO much like Ellen Page.
And it kind of sounds like her, too. Wouldn't be surprised if it was her.

What may set this apart from the standard apocalypse niche is that it is based around, most likely, fungus-infected humans. Unique enough, I say.

Konshentz

Konshentz
We've seen just about everything a hundred times by now. That doesn't bother me. As long as there are good characters, an entertaining story and it looks great... I'll be pre-ordering it as soon as I possibly can. I have faith in Naughty Dog. They've never steered me wrong before.

And yeah, she definitely looks like Ellen Page.

I'm hoping it's all overgrown like that. I'm not looking forward to another wasteland like Rage & Fallout, I'd much prefer something along the lines of Bulletstorm. Colorful and full of life, well, at least zombie life. :lol:
------
Ellen Page not involved with The Last of Us, Enslaved design lead on board | VG247

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm hoping it's all overgrown like that. I'm not looking forward to another wasteland like Rage & Fallout, I'd much prefer something along the lines of Bulletstorm. Colorful and full of life, well, at least zombie life. :lol:
I hope so, and if you saw the press release I had in the OP, you would see that nature has "reclaimed" what it once had.

Good to see that cleared up.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Lol the lead designed of 'Enslaved' is working on it. That makes a lot of sense. Enslaved was also post-apocalyptic but very green and lush, just like this game seems to be. None of that brown wasteland but environments like this instead.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Lol the lead designed of 'Enslaved' is working on it. That makes a lot of sense. Enslaved was also post-apocalyptic but very green and lush, just like this game seems to be. None of that brown wasteland but environments like this instead.
I'm pretty sure that this will be a mix of Resistance 3 and Enslaved, and heck, even the concept of a grown man protecting a female while crossing a certain stretch of landscape sounds like elements of each of those games, although the developers are completely different.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
You should play Enslaved Kons. That concept art I posted is from Enslaved. It's one of the most visually stunning games I've played on PS3. I'll be happy if this new ND game ends up looking more like Enslaved as well. It was great.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
You should play Enslaved Kons. That concept art I posted is from Enslaved. It's one of the most visually stunning games I've played on PS3. I'll be happy if this new ND game ends up looking more like Enslaved as well. It was great.
I can second that motion.

Play Enslaved. Totally worth it.