• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies The King's Speech

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Really amazing movie. I'm glad that it won many Oscars. It was very beautifully made, and the actor's display of emotions was really good.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I really enjoyed this film. I found it to be a lot funnier than I was expecting, especially since I had no idea it would be a comedy at all so all the comedic aspects where a nice surprise for me.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I had never heard of this... other than the fact that it won a bunch of awards. Watched the trailer, did not look like something I'd be caught dead watching. Haha.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I ADORED this movie. Colin Firth was spectacular as was Helena Bonham-Carter.

The writing was great as was the direction and editing.

Deserved Best Picture.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Too many big words for you Kons?

Just messing, but it does look boring from the trailer but it's actually a really good and funny film. Great performances all round.

Konshentz

Konshentz
WAY too many big words. :lick:

Does anything blow up? Any bewbies? I know this is a long shot... how about zombies? :lol:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
WAY too many big words. :lick:

Does anything blow up? Any bewbies? I know this is a long shot... how about zombies? :lol:
None of those, haha.

It's not really meant to be funny, by the way. It is a serious film that is based on a true story. I know you may be stretching it to be sarcastic, but it really isn't meant to be a comedy.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's a serious film with that underlying British humour throughout! Did you honestly not find it funny at all? It's like a dramedy, dramatic comedy. There were way too many hilarious scenes and one-liners in that film for them have not intended it to be a comedy in some way, even if it's just a small way.

panda

it's a film about encouragement.the only thing i hate about the king is that sometimes he can't fell off his throne. (´•_•`)

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
My girlfriend made me go watch it this past week after a few weeks of her gushing about how great it was. I wasn't that interested going in, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. There were definitely some funny parts (mostly from Geoffry Rush) and it was generally intriguing. The acting was solid throughout. I wasn't a huge fan of the directing and cinematography, but it was still a damn solid movie. I don't regret spending money on it.