The King of stupid shit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DinoFlintstone, Feb 11, 2010.

1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I was looking at a Facebook page that one of my friends joined:
    You don't know how bad I feel but all I can say is sorry | Facebook

And I noticed a comment. If the guy is for real... ... ... 'wow...' he should be locked-up:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Did you just post this for informational purposes or are we supposed to respond in some way? I'm sure there are millions of stupid comments on Facebook, why copy this one?

3. DinoFlintstone

There are millions of just about everything elsewhere yet they are posted here. I'm sure you'll find a way to respond there too. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
  4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I was looking for the direction you wanted the thread to take. You posted the guys comment, but didn't give the purpose of the thread.
    Do you want us to discuss stupid things we've done, talk about spying on people, or just have a chat about what this person did?
    I guess I was just under the impression that a thread posted in general discussion would have something to discuss.

DinoFlintstone, Rebeccaaa and Bananas like this.
  5. DinoFlintstone

EDIT:
    [Sorry, I did sound like an ogre in this thread, but I didn't mean to.]

I think it is disgusting that someone could be such a creep as to record ANYONE'S keystrokes, let-alone their girlfriend.

What do you think of this?

To hear about it and know it goes on, does it bother you?

If someone with such great IT skills asked for access to your computer... would you let them?

6. Interested

Interested Registered Member

I have went through my fiance's phone before... Intuition, small lies I noticed... Did find what I was looking for, but I am not proud of it (now that I look back, I should have told him I do not trust him and maybe ended it right there, right then). He then ignored his faults completely and concentrated on me invading his privacy. Fair enough. A couple of arguments later, in my networking history I found my facebook emails were checked while I wasn't at home. I did not even react in any way... I mentioned it in a witty way, but then just let it go.

Did not really care, because I never had any secrets and never had anything to hide. I do agree in a relationship people are entitled to privacy. As long as that privacy does not extend to secrets and lies. And once a partner has an urge to check upon another one, there must be problems that need to be solved. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, I think my point was that I used to say: no way will I be THAT girlfriend that will check e-mails and texts. And I did check his phone. He was angry at me that I was THAT girlfriend, but... turned around and checked my e-mails. Temporary insanity?

Also, he used to check what I say to people who ask for help on dating websites (yes, usually people with dysfunctional relationships are good at relationship advice, and this is something I was appreciated at). Anyway, the advice I would give would usually be personal, at times related to my own thoughts in a relationship, and I was sharing it anonymously with strangers. And he found them and read them. And would get angry if something I said was not in his favour. When I casually looked at his forum, where his posts were not even anonymous, he would get mad at me, saying it was sick. Now that is some hypocrisy. Maybe he was mad because he always had said something he knew would hurt me? Something I was not meant to know about?

Anyway, back to the topic. Being honestly objective, now I think... How my checking upon his texts is any different from what that guy did? What he did was more creative, that is all. As immoral, as crazy and as disgusting. But more creative.

But the fact is we sometimes slip and do crazy things (things that we never in a million years saw ourselves doing), especially when we are insecure in the relationship (and the guy probably was, because afterall it did end in break up, I he probably felt it). And at the end, since you cannot change what happened, all that matters is that he realises that what he did was wrong. This makes it a million times better than girls who anonymously text other girls from their partner's contact list and think it is completely normal.

Anyway, that was my interpretation of the topic.

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I think it's really creepy too. It doesn't really bother me personally because I couldn't care less about these people, to be honest :lol: But I would most definitely be bothered if someone did it to me, obviously.

I would let the access my computer if I trusted them, sure. It depends on what they wanted to do with it though, because it sounds dodgy and suspicious with no reason lol. "Oh hey err, can I see your computer for a minute please?" :stir:

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm suddenly afraid for my computer. :lol: A person I least want to have access here is an IT person. Who know what he can do?

Like you said, it's bad enough when strangers hack your computer. I think it's worse when it's someone you trust.