• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Jeff Hardy situation

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This one is going to be a long one. Obviously the situation from TNA Victory Road is fresh on everyone's minds. As a lot of you know Jeff Hardy showed up in no condition to perform during the main event last night. He ended up losing his World Title match to Sting in about 90 seconds. The word last night was that Sting refused to work with Hardy because he was intoxicated or on some kind of drug. How can you blame Sting? You can see it in Sting eye's how upset, pissed and disappointed he was in Jeff. So was I. Someone yelled, "this is bullshit" from the stands to which Sting replied, "I agree, I agree." I also agree Stinger.

I've given Jeff Hardy a lot of crap over the years but the fact of the matter is he is a very good wrestler who has a shit ton of charisma. When he left the WWE he was the second babyface behind John Cena for crying out loud. He has worked his ass off to get where he is today. Look at the hell he's put his body through in those TLC matches, for starters. Never been much on the mic and quite frankly the fact that he isn't that great on the mic and the fact he's this damn popular speaks volumes of how great he relates to the fans and how good he really can be.

Unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened. There was rumors of this same thing a couple of months ago. When he left the WWE they found a crap ton of drugs for which he has a court date soon. He was fired from the WWE in the mid 2000's because of drugs. Honestly Jeff it is time to grow the fuck up before you kill yourself. There is no excuse for being that messed up before a title match on a PPV. Unity mentioned it before that you'd think since he's a father he'd grow up, apparently not. You're in your mid 30's Jeff, come on. I don't know Jeff Hardy personally but this has to stop and he has to get help.

Watch the link below. He's stumbling down the ramp and almost trips on the stairs...

YouTube - TNA - Jeff Hardy vs Sting - What?

TNA really fucked up too though and pardon my language but why in God's name are you sending Hardy out there in that condition? Have him beat up in the lockerroom and add RVD and Anderson to the title match. Do something else! They need to do what the WWE is doing and implement a drug policy before some of these guys kill themselves. Hopefully this is an eye opener for Dixie Carter and TNA. Keep Hardy away from TV for now and please suspend guys for testing positive.

The last thing I want to read is that Jeff Hardy is in serious condition from a drug overdose. Get that kid help because on his own it's just not working.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Wow, that's hard to watch. He's clearly trying his best to kick out from the pin, but Borden isn't having any of it. That did not look like a work at all. Never mind that an angle like that, with a court date looming, would be about as bad an idea as there's ever been.

They've dropped him from this week's iMPACT tapings. This situation may be quickly coming to a head.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Finally had the chance to watch the video, and I agree with Tucker that was painful to watch. It was clear that Jeff Hardy was under the influence of something, not sure what but it was some pretty heavy stuff.

I think that TNA should definitely suspend him. It's the only way he can learn his lesson. I know they've removed him from this show's taping, but hopefully this isn't the end of it. I know that he brings butts in the seat, but this is the Main Event of a Pay Per View for god sake, you have to be more professional then that.

It's just pathetic that he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
You know my initial reaction was just the whole "c'mon Jeff" thing. Like Millz said, he's had such a great career and he's a top star, no doubt. A charismatic daredevil that has given a lot for the business...he lost his chance in the WWE and TNA gave him not only a chance but a huge main event spot and run.

The guy is also a new father.

I kept thinking, at first, Jeff how can you mess up an opportunity like this? You've been the man in TNA, the head of Immortal.

But now it's more a case of me feeling sorry for him. I've learned a lot about addiction in my social work education, and I've had friends throughout the years that have struggled to overcome it. I am one of those people that thinks that addiction is a disease (topic for another thread) and I think that once you're in so deep as Jeff might be, it's not just about thinking "hey it would be fun to get effed up," it's a physical dependency that needs outside intervention for help.

At this point I just really hope that he gets help. Wrestling fans will get past this PPV main event screw-up and will forgive Hardy and TNA for sending him out there. It might live in infamy, but fans will get past it. I just want Jeff to get help in some sort of rehab/detox situation, with some counseling on the issue. I want that to happen as a fan of his, for his health and for his family.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I want to know what the fuck he was on. This was uncomfortable to watch, not to mention completely embarrassing. First off I find it amazing (I should actually use the word appalling) that TNA officials decided to cut the match short, because they believed he was in no condition to wrestle - what I don't get is, why even send him out when you can clearly see that he's zoning out. I feel sorry for the people that bought tickets to this event, way to spend money on a raspberry.

In any case, I'm totally done with TNA. I usually say "TNA blows" or something to that effect but I always used to tune in, especially because of the X-Division. This third rate company makes too many stupid decisions. Dixie Carter will hire just about any druggie whose been kicked out by the WWE. If they have any common sense, they'll get this jackass off TV and get him some help, cuz whatever they're doing now, its not working.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He's not just charismatic -- he has the physical tools and knowledge to couple with his charisma to become a legendary main e venter.

What Jeff lacks is fortitude and honor. He chooses to settle for personal gratification over the sanctification of hundreds of thousands of viewers. Jeff needs help.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He does need help, but who knows if he's willing to get it. This might turn out to be another Umaga situation if Jeff isn't careful. Umaga had a problem and refused to get help and we all know what happened to him.

I think Jeff has some pretty bad demonds inside, which is why he's addicted to something. It's an escape goat for him so to speak. TNA as to put their foot down, they can't keep letting him destroy himself like this.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's what I found on wikipedia about when he was released in 2003...

Hardy, however, was released from WWE on April 22, 2003. The reasons given for the release were Hardy's erratic behavior, drug use, refusal to go to rehab, deteriorating ring performance, as well as constant tardiness and no-showing events.Hardy also cites "burn out" and the need for time off as reasons for leaving WWE.
Goes along the same lines as Umaga and when he refused treatment. This isn't even a TNA issue for me anymore; I don't care about what happened at the PPV. Just get the kid help. Now.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Goes along the same lines as Umaga and when he refused treatment. This isn't even a TNA issue for me anymore; I don't care about what happened at the PPV. Just get the kid help. Now.
I agree. He really should be suspended indefinitely, if TNA knows what is good for them.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have only just caught up on wrestling after not seeing Raw until just now and reading news on Wrestling Edge and Lords of Pain. Seeing all the stories about Jeff and VR match I found it on youtube and as many others have said; what the f**k was that about?

I used to love Jeff Hardy, coming back in when I did he was always one of my favorite stars to watch, you could tell he was passionate and cared about what he was doing. Then when his firing happened I didn't really know why but I heard he went to TNA so started following him, then he came back to WWE and followed him there then he went to TNA again and well we know the rest. The thing about Jeff I feel is that he was treated very well by Vince and the WWE, he was selling merchandise on the scale that John Cena now is, they were protective of him and hey, why wouldn't they be? But I think there comes a time when things need to change, not just in the case of Jeff or TNA but overall but I will discuss that in another post in a minute.

Bottom line is if I were Dixie Carter I would be looking at Jeff Hardys contract and thinking "do I really want someone like that on the books?", the WWE took a major leap of faith putting the title on Jeff yet he barely defended it, why? was there something we were not being told? Was he in a bad way then but it was just hidden better?

I don't think anyone will ever no the truth, I doubt even Matt knows but as others have said Jeff needs to grow up and sort his life out, FAST, otherwise I wouldn't blame Dixie for firing him, if I went into work in that state I would expect to be asked not to return to work the next day.