• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Italians are the best at aesthetics

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Do you reckon that the Italians are the most accomplished people, when it comes to aesthetics?
Consider their buildings, their cars, their boats, their dinners, their clothing. Everything!
I truly reckon they have an amazing talent when it comes to creating things that look so pleasing to the eye.
Do you believe this to be true? Do you believe they really do have a knack for creating things that are aesthetically pleasing, more than any other nation on earth? -- And if so, why --- And if not, why not?

I'm inclined to say yes to this. A lot of stunning stuff has come from that country. But it would be cool to hear a bit of a bit refute for this... And a bit of agreement too would be nice.
But what do you reckon heh? What do you think?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I think it very much depends on how you view buildings and what they should show. One of the main reasons I watch Grand Designs is to see what others feel is a nice design and idea. There is so much to what people feel about design, to some people steel and glass is perfect but obviously not everyone likes this. I think it is all down to personal choice.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I think it very much depends on how you view buildings and what they should show. One of the main reasons I watch Grand Designs is to see what others feel is a nice design and idea. There is so much to what people feel about design, to some people steel and glass is perfect but obviously not everyone likes this. I think it is all down to personal choice.
I understand the concept that there is free choice in beauty and design and whatever. But I set the premise that the Italians are the best at creating things that look agreeable aesthetically.

If you wouldn't mind can you please address whether you think this is the case or not... And why - of course. If you don't mind :)
And if not, also why? Which people strike you as the kings of the pleasing-to-the-eye world?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
To be honest HalfEatenSurprise I am not sure. I do think that what they have achieved is amazing and they have produced some incredible buildings but I think I prefer the type of design and buildings that you can see in the older parts of China such as the buildings in the forbidden city:

I know this is not exactly what you mean but I just love this kind of a place to live:

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
That is exactly what I mean Ginock. And nice pictures -- Although this is a pretty broad subject. It's not just buildings. Nonetheless, China does have a true appreciation for aesthetics it's clear... At least, as far as my eye can tell. Certain aspects of their designs are truly gorgeous.