The Intercontinental title

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Jeff Hardy is the current champ. What do you guys think they should do with that belt? Since Jeff is in the main event scene it is not getting defended at the current time.

Do you guys think this is good for the belt? Because it is on the former #1 contender and is around the waist of a popular wrestler or should it be on someone else? Someone you can use the belt to elevate to a higher level?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

No I don't think it's good for the belt. I think he should lose the belt if they want him to participate in main events now. Give someone else a chance. I think Benjamin should be given a chance. This guy is a wasted talent in my opinion. He's the most atheletic wrestler in the WWE, I think he would make a good IC champ.

3. Millz

I tend to go both ways on the issue but I'd rather have it on someone else too. Use that belt to get someone over.

The problem with Shelton is he's on a show in which that belt is not defended. I think he'll get a nice run with the ECW title eventually and that'll help elevate him I think.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I think the IC title is fine on Hardy, but if he gets a legit title shot then he needs to lose it. Jericho would be a good option for the title since he's only on the mid card right now and could use the boost into full main even status. I could also see giving it to Cena, HBK, or HHH (all main eventers) as a prelude to a title run; didn't the title used to be used for the number 3 contender or at leas the guy getting a push soon?

5. Millz

Usually, yes. It was a way to elevate both Bret Hart and HBK, for example. A lot of guys who got the IC belt were well on their way to being in the main event or having the IC often and winning alot.

6. Doc

Then maybe they should give Hardy a decent title or main event shot and have him drop the IC title.

7. Millz

As over as he is right now it could do somebody a TON of good to be able to beat Hardy and take that belt. Hardy could help elevate somebody.

Honestly I dont think Jeff is the greatest wrestler of all time but he's paid his dues. He deserves the WWE title. Hell I'd go all out with him and have him win the CHamber match and then the belt at WM. The fans would eat it up.

8. Doc

His competition is too stiff for the chamber. He needs to earn #1 contender for whoever has the title after Wrestlemania. He should have a title run of about a month or two depending on he competition and how over he gets. Think of it as a "test run" with the title.

9. Millz

I know, I'm just trying to think of different ways that the main event WONT be HHH vs Cena II. I really do not want that as the main event.

Hardy vs Cena would be sweet since we've seen Hardy v Orton. But Hardy won't win, you're right. HHH, HBK and all those guys won't let that happen. I think HHH is gonna take it down for sure.
    ------
    And I agree with your test run idea. He's had problems in the past so maybe having him win at WM would be a waste. Better safe than sorry

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  10. Doc

Solid post, man. I love your analytical skills.

The biggest problem I see is that if HHH comes away with the title after WM he's going to work a long program with either Orton, Cena, or both. That wouldn't give Hardy much of a main event shot unless he worked with whoever wasn't working with HHH, or they moved Jericho up and they duked it out for the IC title for a while. That would seem like a waste of talent to me.