the INJURY bug...UGH

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SamusAran86, May 18, 2004.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

man, not only have the D-Backs played poorly this whole season, they have a bit of the injury bug going around

first it was Robby Alomor, then it was Sexson, then Oscar Villarreal, then Matt Mantei, but now Gregg Colbrunn

Villarreal and Mantei are responsible for 5 losses, and countless blown leads, Mantei has a ERA over 11 and Villarreal over 7, these 2 pitchers were lights out last year.... hopefully the stint on the DL and some minor league work will get those 2 striaght

A bright spot in this injury mess is the Emergence of Chad Tracy. he "stole" the third base job from Shea Hillenbrand (though he plays first now, because Sexson is out) in his first start after being called up by going 3 for 5 with a couple of RBI

in 88 at bats hes scored 8 runs on 30 hits with 6 doubles, 1 triple, 2 homeruns, and 14 RBI. His On Base Percentage is .392, Slugging .500, and overall Batting Average .341

in those 88 at bats hes struck out only 8 times, and has 8 walks to go along with that

other than Tracy, there's almost been nothing to root for

2. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

that sux I dont like it when people get hurt

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

The Orioles are fairing pretty well this year if you consider their division and their past record.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

well for those that havent heard, Richie Sexson is most likely out for the year, he came back for a few games and re-injured himself on a check swing...

So if the d-backs dont resign him, with his contract and what they d-backs have given up for him, turns out to be a very bad deal... almost $900,000 a at bat... I really hope they do sign him, he just needs to be healthy...

I forgot to mention that Luis Gonzalez had been playing injured this year with something wrong with his throwing elbow... electing to play this year and have surgery in the offseason..

since Randy's perfect game, the Diamondbacks have just one win in 7 games most like 8 with the way tonights game is going (currently down 4-3 to the Giants) that win, Randys first game after the Perfect game.

Its just been bad this year, theyve givin away so many games this year, alot late in games, sometimes they have just gotten pounded from the get go.

I dont know, Its just hard to enjoy a game when they havent played to what they are capable of...

just so you get what I mean... the relievers have blown 5 saves in the 9th inning, are responsible for 11 losses, with a collective ERA around 8.00
    They have Walked in the winning run in the bottom of a extra inning game TWICE, and numerous times more than that walked the bases loaded.
    The relievers have 91 walks

The hitters have just been horrendous
    I just cant explain that