• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The incredible burden of hatred

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I am feeling the incredible burden of hatred right now. There are two that I wish the worst suffering and painful death upon. They are Inder Talu and Vahn Agar. I hope they get what they deserve.

Long ago I decided that hate is like a chain one carries in life. We make it for ourselves and place it around our necks. The two links I created are the first that I have carried is so long I can't remember. They are incredibly large and heavy.

Please god, take them from me.

Starfire86

Registered Member
I like to carry the self-righteous smirk of knowing they'll get what they deserve. And it may not be in a way that others will recognize, but people always reap what they sow.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I agree with Star.

Also, it's not on you to see that they get what they deserve, or even to decide what it is that they deserve.

I hate what they did, and I hate the new reality that we are faced with, but hating them will only hurt me.

"We should not seek revenge on those who have committed crimes against us, or reply to their crimes with other crimes. We should reflect that by the law of karma, they are in danger of lowly and miserable lives to come, and that our duty to them, as to every being, is to help them rise toward Nirvana, rather than let them sink to lower levels of rebirth"
-The Dalai Lama

I know that this teaching is not entirely in line with your spiritual beliefs, but I think that you can probably take enough away from it to help ease your burden of hate. Revenge won't bring her back, and it won't make you a better person.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Thanks for your replies! I do believe that they will pay a price for what they have done. But right now it is hard for me not to be incredibly angry, almost to the point of wishing that I could be the arbiter of justice in this case and dole out the punishment. I am afraid that if asked, I would gladly be their torturer and executioner.

I know this is wrong, and why I pray to be relieved of this burden.

Thank you Jeanie, for posting the Dalai Lama's words. Although I talk about faith and I believe in god, I do not believe in a religion. You could never offend my spiritual beliefs by quoting words of wisdom and truth. I don't believe our creator has endorsed a religion. I think it is quite presumptuous for men to believe they have god all figured out, and what they figured is the singular truth. But that is a whole different topic.

I do realize that I need to leave my feelings of anger and hatred behind. I just haven't yet found the strength to do so.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
you will, Dan. It's still too raw right now, but you will find that strength.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I know exactly what you mean, Dan. My faith tells me to forgive. That they will be judged for what they do. But my heart wants to cause them extreme pain and taking their lives with my bare hands.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I know exactly what you mean, Dan. My faith tells me to forgive. That they will be judged for what they do. But my heart wants to cause them extreme pain and taking their lives with my bare hands.
Yes, exactly.

Sometimes actually living up to our ideals is a real challenge.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Then there's this, from Martin Luther King, Jr., which people are posting on facebook today but is also appropriate to how we feel about the guys who took our sweet Katrina from us:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."