• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The hypothetical 'whatif' questions

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
What are your thoughts on this sort of question?

And to give you an idea of what I mean, I'll ask three of them, all are pretty much ridiculous, yet are all hypothetical. Please answer them if you feel like it, although I much prefer your insight into what you think of hypothetical questions.

1) What if you had to have more limbs. You have to have either 60 arms and 20 legs, or 60 legs and 20 arms. Your torso and waist and whatnot will grow and change to accommodate this new amount of limbs. Which combination would you prefer?

2) What if you received news, on a major news media outlet, that warned of a man going around in your area who is pulling people's trousers down. He is doing no other crime except for the de-trousering of random people. What would your reaction be. Would you take extreme precautions when going out?

3) What if you were sanctioned by the government to hold a fabulous barbecue party for a roster of at least 1,000 people. And of this barbecue party, the attendees would give you marks for what you provide. The governmental people ordering you to do this expect an average mark of 9/10 or you will be sentenced to death. What do you do to ensure this party is a spellbinding success? What do you do to insulate yourself from the death penalty should you fail? Escape routes etc...

Like them, all hypothetical and unlikely to happen, yet nonetheless they stand as valid (if a little odd) questions.

What do you think of these sorts of questions? What is the desire to answer these? What are your thoughts?

Dabs

Registered Member
Well....I'll answer, just for the hell of it first.
Number one is so ridiculous it's stupid, so I'm going to be a bitch and refuse to answer that one. (made sense huh??)
Number two is rather comical and no I would not be afraid, nor take extra precautions when going out, in fact, I would venture outdoors as often as I could in hopes of spotting this bandit in action...he might de-trouser someone I can laugh at!
And number three....I'm not a bad cook, and I'd take a stab at preparing the best party I could.
As far as everyone answers, you are most definitely going to get different types of answers from different types of personalities.
Some people prefer to answer jokingly...others prefer the more serious technique.
God forbid tho we have someone come along and try to seriously tackle question number one *ha*
I'm more of a jokester......prankster.....I can answer more easily with some silly ass funny response more than I could with a real serious one.
But all in all, hypothetical questions can be fun.......most of them I have encountered are fun, and sometimes reading how differently everyone replies adds to the fun!
Except number one.....that's a terrible one ~LoL~

redroses

Registered Member
These are the kinds of questions me and my friends would ask each other when we were younger and having sleep-overs, i think they are fun its funny to think of bizzare situations and what you would do

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
#1 I would have 6 arms and 2 legs and my nickname would be Dr. Octopus from the Spiderman comics. I have to agree with Dabs though this question is ridunculous.

#2 Lol this question is way to funny, I don't think it would bother me one bit. If I got my pants pulled down while going out I honestly think that it would be hilarious. I would also get my two friends ready, my right fist and my left fist so I can punch him in the face after I pull my pants up.

#3 I would be going to the electric chair, pure and simple, I can't cook for crap and they would probably rate my cooking at 1/10.

Dekzper

Registered Member
God forbid tho we have someone come along and try to seriously tackle question number one *ha*
Too late! :lol: :lol: GB already did and I did too, in my "under the microscope" thread. I decided to have 4 arms and 4 legs cause I like climbing and I could climb better that way. :nod:
#2. I would grab my skateboard and camera and do tons of mpg's and post them on youtube, LMAO! :D
#3. Well, I def would NOT let KFC cater! :-o But there is an awesome BBQ place here that caters and I'd prolly use them. But I wouldn't be in this country when it happened and I'd def make sure nobody could find me!

I love whatif's! We do it a lot here and it's always tons of fun! :D

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Honestly? I don't even have the desire to read any of these questions, let alone answer them. tl/dr.

I like hypothetical questions, but only if they're short and easy to process.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Honestly? I don't even have the desire to read any of these questions, let alone answer them. tl/dr.

I like hypothetical questions, but only if they're short and easy to process.
Agreed. Hypotheticals can be fun with friends or for a laugh, especially when you're high.

@ HES, no offense, but question one was so ridiculous, I had trouble to get to the rest of the questions.

Here's a what if for everyone. What if you could get one member that used to be active on GF to come back and be active again. Would you do it and who would it be?

Impact

V.I.P.
1) What if you had to have more limbs. You have to have either 60 arms and 20 legs, or 60 legs and 20 arms. Your torso and waist and whatnot will grow and change to accommodate this new amount of limbs. Which combination would you prefer?

2) What if you received news, on a major news media outlet, that warned of a man going around in your area who is pulling people's trousers down. He is doing no other crime except for the de-trousering of random people. What would your reaction be. Would you take extreme precautions when going out?

3) What if you were sanctioned by the government to hold a fabulous barbecue party for a roster of at least 1,000 people. And of this barbecue party, the attendees would give you marks for what you provide. The governmental people ordering you to do this expect an average mark of 9/10 or you will be sentenced to death. What do you do to ensure this party is a spellbinding success? What do you do to insulate yourself from the death penalty should you fail? Escape routes etc...
I would like neither of the combinations you posted for the first question. An extra two arms could be handy at times, but not all the time

I would laugh my ass off and then continue about my business as usual. Actually I might grab a friend and try go find this person.

I think I could pull this off. I'm good at organising things, and cooking. Of course, you'd organise caterers to take care of the food, hire a band, have an open bar and just let things go from there.

Here's a what if for everyone. What if you could get one member that used to be active on GF to come back and be active again. Would you do it and who would it be?
This one is easy...SuiGeneris and then Xeilo. Two of my favourite members who need to come around more often

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I prefer thinking about realistic questions rather than hypothetical. Unless they are particularly interesting.

My friend asks hypothetical questions all the time. It's pretty funny because she's creative but otherwise it would get annoying. :)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I like hypothetical questions, as long as the scenario is somewhat plausible. Asking if you'd rather have 60 arms and 20 legs or vice versa is just pointless and a waste of time.

Sure. I would bring Hybrix back. In all seriousness though, I'd pick Thrillhouse. Or if it has to be more recent, Kiwi.