Movies The Hulk Reveiw

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi there my fellow movie goers.

I went to see a midnight showing of the Hulk, all in all it wasn't bad.
It did get a bit over the top once again with the SPFX but not as bad as the first one.

The hulk still looks a bit cartoonish, but way better than the last one.
Edward Norton does a fantastic job as Banner (I had my doubts) but he pulls it off.

Live Tyler just got lost in her bit part, nothing big to report there.

The plot i found lacking a bit, and it did have some slow parts, but the Action was Awesome! I still have a problem with the new adaptations of the hulk but this one was a lot better than the first and touched on key moments from the original TV show.

All in all it wasn't a bad film. And true to Marvel style there were a few cameos from other Marvel characters and in usual Stan Lee style you get to play where is Stan? See if you can find him in this movie.

Tony Stark (AKA Iron man) and tells Banner he is getting a team together and wants him to join him. Can We say Avengers!

So I give it 4 out of 5 stars...This is a must see for any Hulk fan..You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I know I ragged on Jennifer Connely before about her role in the first one, but the best actor combo would have probably been Jennifer and Norton. Liv Tyler just isn't the type of actress who convinces me, I'll always see Liv Tyler and not the character.

Where did you think the FX went over the top? I thought there should have been MORE FX. The only thing I didn't like was that the animation seemed to be going to fast at times. It was probably by design, but I felt like I couldn't always tell what was happening during the fighting. More bullet time shots, less x2 shots.

Here are my thoughts after seeing it from the Summer Movie thread:
Apparently my information was incorrect and it was a complete do-over and not a sequel. The up side is that it was a MUCH better movie overall. The down side is that many people are going to deduct points from this one because there was already one recently.

If you liked Iron man you should like it, the Tony Stark cameo was perfect. Ironman was also better. Take from that what you will. I enjoyed this film, but like Iron man I didn't feel like it was a 'must see on the big screen' situation.

The only upsetting thing for me was the chopper crash. This is the 3rd movie I've seen released within the past year with survivors of a helicopter crash. I'm not saying it's impossible, just not very likely with the way they do it. It got old quick and now it's just annoying to watch. I'd deducted a point just for that giving it a 7 out of 10.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
like you said the speed was a factor, It had to do with the FX going a bit over the top..I'll explain more after more have seen the movie..Don't want to ruin it for ya..Even with a spoiler tag..

I did like the way that they tied the ending of the first stinker to the start of this one. If all goes to plan Marvel will start paving the ways for the Avengers movie in 2010.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm going to see it tonight, hopefully i'll be able to get tickets. I'm not overly excited about because I don't want to be disapointed like the last one. But I'm sure it's going to be better then the first one that's for sure.

Thanks for the review Surfer.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I just got home from seeing it a little while ago. I loved it. It was so much better then the first movie. I personally liked it more than Ironman(which I loved). I'm not sure what my favorite scene was but when Hulk said
Hulk Smash
that was just great. And I thought Liv Tyler did a great job. I really liked her as Betty.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just came back from seeing the movie and I loved it and Vegito I have to agree with you that scene was the best in my opinion as well. The ending was just nuts and I loved it, this one is ten times better then the first one and I cannot wait to see it again.

Go see it people it's worth it.