The Horrors Behind the "Health Care" Bill

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Here's a letter that was written by a practicing physician who took time to read over the entire health care bill being proposed in the U.S. Senate right now.

I truly wonder how anybody can support this. Based on the review of the bill below, it basically lowers the value of human life to just a hair above cattle and livestock.

It seems to me that this bill is simply a power play. The Obama Administration wants to be able to control a HUGE part of society and by being in charge of our health care we will effectively have to rely on our government for our very lives.

If anybody has a link to the full bill, I'd be interested in taking a look.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I saw this letter this past weekend and I wonder the same thing. This has got to be the worst bill ever written if it's all true. I haven't read the bill but intend to. But from the comments I've read and this letter, it sounds atrocious. If it passes, it will be a beaucratic mess and would eventually be the downfall of this country. Really scary stuff.

3. Mirage

The sad part is that people will hear that and simply say "I can't believe you have so little faith in the government. I'm surprised that you are buying into all this propaganda. Our health care system is broken and this is the change we need. It will help so many people. :hyper:"

People will accept this bill blindly and without looking into it for themselves. I haven't read the whole thing (it's apparently HUGE), but I've read bits and pieces of it and the language is really hard to misinterpret. This bill would result in the biggest shift of power TO the government in US history. Power that shouldn't ever be put in the hands of politicians. Power to decide who lives and who dies, who is helped and who isn't, who has value as a human being and who doesn't.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  4. CaptainObvious

That's exactly how I see it also, it would create a major power shift to the government that was never intended in the formation of this country. The really ridiculous parts too are the payments to community organiztions like ACORN and rationed care. I can't see how anyone would favor that. What happened to the pledge of no earmarks anyway?

Unfortunately, that's exactly how people interpret that view, including politicians. They'll make it political and say "Republicans don't care about helping poor people" and sadly the uniformed will believe it.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Believe it or not I'm for health care reform! *shocked*

Take a break, it's hard to believe, I know. =P

On this issue there is good and there is evil. The evil is the health care providers and paid politicians and the good is the average citizen and few congress men and women. The health care companies who pay the politicians make it so the bill will get killed when it goes for a vote, OR, if it does get pass the health care companies won't get royally screwed.

They make it so the bill will have no public option and no say for the citizen. You're basically force feed whether you like it or not. I agree, the bill is very gloomy with all those negatives, and it's definitely not in favor for us tax payers, business owners and everybody else.

This bill is crap, and hopefully one day we'll get some decent human beings to propose a bill worth passing. When politicians sabotage a bill like this one by your own will then that's just plain evil. It's sad to see that Obama (one of the few issues I agree with him on), who is trying to do something right for the American people, have heeps and heeps of bastards trying to ruin the bill because of their own greed. :mad:

The sin for today: Greed

People screwing others for the bottom line and their own pockets. =(

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

This is the link to the full text:

http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

You can see that what that person wrote is not necessarily what's written on the bill but his interpretations. Of course you may have the same interpretation so just go see it for yourself, especially the lines that "shock" you the most when you have read that. I've seen a couple of discrepancies already from what he tells us and what is on the bill but yeah, this is more than a thousand pages long :lol: so it's easy to miss some details and just pick on what you want.

7. CaptainObvious

Just in reading the first 3-4 that the author of the letter cites I agree with his interpretation. It sounds like he's pretty much spot on. I'm going to try and read the entire bill later...if I can.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I've read the entire letter and these 6 are by far the worst I think (though they're all bad)

what?! :shocked:

The government is going to have the right to kill people?

9. Mirage

Well, here's why I don't believe Obama is innocent in this scheme. He goes on national television and states that he hasn't read the bill so he can't answer specifics about it, but he fully supports it and is trying to push it through as fast as possible?

Do you really believe he hasn't read it? Oh, but he has so much to do. Oh, but he's been busy fixing the economy! Please. He's not just part of the problem, he is the problem. He campaigned on the promise of fundamental change to America. He knows exactly what is going on. He wants people to be forced to rely on the government for everything. It sounds good to people when they are promised free stuff. It's all in the sugar coating.

Ask yourself this. Can you imagine Obama saying that? No, of course not. Why do you think that is?

We should heed these words. It's been proven true time and time again throughout history.

That right there should raise a huge red flag for everybody. There is a reason Monopolies are illegal. They force everybody to buy from them due to forcing competition out of business. So, after the government forces the private health care sector to shut down, nobody will be able to do a thing about it. In many cases, peoples lives will literally be in the hands of the government.

If this bill does not alarm you, then you are not looking at the bigger picture. This is simply a Trojan Horse. It might seem good now, but it's nothing more than a huge power play. If it passes, the government will have been given far more power than the Constitution ever meant for it to have.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  10. CaptainObvious

The interesting thing is, the very people who are in favor of this total transfer of power to the government are the people that opposed and showed so much hatred for the Patriot Act. They had a real problem with alleged wiretaps and phone call listening, but have no problem with the government having complete access to everyone's health records and making decisions for you. Go figure...