• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awesome The Homepage Is Working

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you wondered what the little orange heart icons are for, they are how the system decides to put threads on the homepage or not, and where to rank them.

http://www.generalforum.com/

You'll notice they are ranked by popularity. If you like a thread and think it's front page material, simply click the heart button in the OP or on the social sidebar. These popular threads will also show up in some of the side bar areas.

There may still be a few hiccups in this system but at least it seems to be functioning correctly now!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hey Brix, you know how there are four big ones, like Skyrim, Dark Knight etc? Those are awesome! But who updates them? Does someone update them and pick the pictures for it, or do they update automatically?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Brix picks those crouton. And then makes the images. So if you bribe him, I'm sure he could put something else there hehehehe.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hey Brix, you know how there are four big ones, like Skyrim, Dark Knight etc? Those are awesome! But who updates them? Does someone update them and pick the pictures for it, or do they update automatically?
Yeah those have to be made and added manually. Over time I will change them as popular threads are created. We should probably come up with a system for threads that are considered for inclusion there. Like must have at least X replies and X hearts or something, to ensure that people put time into making quality threads.