• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Hollows Discussion thread

Iris

rainbow 11!
http://www.generalforum.com/books-literature/kim-harrison-30723.html

[older thread]

I wanted to start a new one since I know there are a few more fans here!

Basically, the story follows Rachel Morgan, a witch who works for the IS [Inderland Security] taking down bad guys. The first book is Dead Witch Walking, witch follows her as she quits her job and she tries to evade death threats from the IS, seeing as she not only took a pixy, but their best runner, a vampire with ulterior motives.

Setting is in Cincinnati, Ohio, present day. There are witches, warlocks, demons, werewolves, living and dead vampires, pixies, fairies, gargoyles, and much more. Basically, the "Inderland," or all of the non-humans, were able to survive a virus caused by a genetically engineered tomato that wiped out a chunk of humanity. after this happened and they were becoming suspicious about how some seemed to be immune, something called the Turn happened, and everyone stepped out of the closet, or coffin depending on the species.

Kim Harrison is incredibly witty, she has several books out for this series.

Dead Witch Walking
The Good, The Bad, The Undead
Every which way but dead
Fistful of charms
For a Few Demons more
The Outlaw Demon Wails
White Witch, Black Curse
Black Magic Sanction
And the newly released, Pale Demon.

Has anyone else read this series?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've actually only read Dead Witch Walking so far, and then only little bits from the other books. I plan on reading all of them eventually though.

Basically I am madly in love with Ivy. All the chemistry and teasing between Ivy and Rachel is basically why I read the books (and the fan fiction that follows).

(And even though I haven't read the book, I have read the scene in the van between Ivy and Rachel. YOU know the one I mean :p)

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yes.... That scene is in Fistful of charms. lol That's really why I started reading the books, too. I picked up the third one, fell in love, then read the first and second. I'm current with the books, I finished Pale Demon yesterday?

You really need to read them, I absolutely love them. The chemistry between Ivy and Rachel is really amazing. Not to mention Jenks' cursing, who could forget about that? haha

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
IRIS! If you are still online please go onto the chat! I just watched Glee and feel like talking to you!

And I will read the rest of The Hollows books. It's not only all the copious amounts of sexy that I love but also the setting is awesome. Who doesn't love all those mythical creatures mixed up together?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Tink's titties!

I am currently reading Black Magic Sanction, and have read all the books before it. Iris was actually the person who recommended them to me, and I'm glad she did. I've started recommending these books to my other friends as well.

I'm hoping the library has Pale Demon available when I get done with this one, but I may have to wait for awhile since it was just released.

imnotcreative

Registered Member
I love this series sooooo much! Jenks. Is. My. Favorite. I even named my cat after him what did you think of pale demon if you got to read it?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I checked with the library, and I'm still #21 on the waiting list, so it will be a bit before I get to read it.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I love this series sooooo much! Jenks. Is. My. Favorite. I even named my cat after him what did you think of pale demon if you got to read it?
OMG I loved it SO much and hated it SO much at the same time. I think it's Black Magic Sanction? But that one wasn't as good as her other books. This one completely made up for it. I was so angry when Ivy and Rachel's relationship took eight steps back. I want them to be together so badly, they deserve each other!

yes, I love jenks too. He was even more funny in Pale Demon. lol

Especially after going to Disney land and becoming Tinkerbell's biggest fan. lol

imnotcreative

Registered Member
Lol Iris, that last bit made me laugh, too.

AnitaKnapp, that is awful. I usually wait for the paperback version to come out, but with apple Demon, I couldn't. But I got a used copy two days after release for much much cheaper, and it turned out to be 1st edition.
I love her books. How did you guys discover her?