• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hot! The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition

dDave

V.I.P.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition Release Dates Announced - ComingSoon.net

Looks like it's finally coming on October 22. I specifically did not buy this on Blu Ray in anticipation that there would eventually be an extended edition (just as there was with each LOTR film).

As far as I'm concerned you can't get enough of Middle Earth. Peter Jackson has this habit of creating masterpiece after masterpiece.

I wasn't disappointed with any of the Lord of the Rings films in extended cut, I doubt I'll be disappointed with this.

I will be getting this. Who's with me?

Elanor

Registered Member
I definitely am! I have been waiting for the extended edition, but I have had to rent it just because I needed to see it again. I loved all of the extras for Lord of the Rings, so I am sure The Hobbit will be incredible too.

dDave

V.I.P.
Oh yeah, I've definitely watched the movie since it came out (only once), but it was still really great. I just know that the extended cuts always add interesting new material and of course one of the best parts is that the film is made even longer.

I'm very happy that I made the decision to wait. At this point that means we've pretty much confirmed that the next two films will have extended cuts as well (I had heard rumors that they wouldn't have the extended edition).

Regular Blu-Ray for me please. :) Don't need 3-D.

Elanor

Registered Member
I am slightly disppointed there is only 13 minutes of extra film footage, but knowing Peter Jackson they will be more than worth it.

I think as there were extended editions of LotR then not releasing ones of the Hobbit films would of caused an uprising by die-hard fans.

Regular bluray for me too, don't need this fandangled 3D nonsense.....

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm finally getting to watch this movie right now. I got the blu ray for Christmas.

Most of the extended scenes help to really flesh out the backstory which helps to really make sense of what is being seen on screen. Other scenes add more detail to the story itself.

Can't wait for the Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition. If it's as effective as this one then I'm really going to like it.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've seen the theatrical edition probably 5 times already. I think it might be a good idea to invest in the extended edition.

I've been thinking about reading the book again as well, but I'll probably only get around to that in the new year.