• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Haunted Hoosac Tunnel

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
So a few years ago back in college a favorite place to visit for a select few students was the Hoosac Tunnel, a landmark considered to be one of the most haunted locations on the east coast here in the US. During construction, hundreds of workers died violent deaths due to dynamite blasts, cave ins and various other accidents. So many years later, people report hearing voices, seeing miners and even their lamps in the darkness of the tunnel.

Let me tell you that as someone who has seen it both at two in the morning and during peak daylight hours, the place radiates something. I don't want to say death because that sounds sinister but it's definitely not a good feeling hanging around there for too long.

This is probably where someone who eats human flesh and wears a necklace of tongues lives.

Being into LOST at the time, these numbers creeped the fuck out of me.

FUCK THA POH LEECE!

Falconer

Registered Member
Wow, awesome pictures, and great stories to go with 'em! I'll definitely be looking this place up -- love stories about haunted sites, so thanks for sharing. :D

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
A friend of mine from school actually has one of these lanterns on film. It's creepy as hell because it's basically a light dangling back and forth like someone is carrying it about forty yards into the tunnel, then it just vanishes.

Bahamut

Registered Member
Great chilling story, I'd be interested to see these photos taken at night :) I'd love to see the film your mate recorded if you could somehow upload it :)

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Those pictures really creep me out too. OO You really walked into that place and shot those pictures? Thumbs for that and thanks for sharing.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Like I said in the OP, try being there at two in the morning (sober, by the way). It was terrifying. Every inch of my body was resisting even getting closer to the damn thing. I felt like a huge wimp and even ended up leaving my group and walking home in the dark which normally would have terrified me. However, I don't even remember being afraid walking home on the dead road in the middle of the night, I was just so happy to be away from the tunnel.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a place here along the RR tracks you are suppose to be able to see a ghost. Lots of people claim to have seen it. I never have but was never there at the right time. Which is about 11pm because that is when they were suppose to of been hit by a train.

I did see the ghost of my cat once. I could only see her out of the corner of my eye. If I looked directly at her she would disappear. Wonder why.

Last edited: