The good reverend is back

"Good" being used a very loosely used term here.

HAMPTON, Virginia - President Barack Obama's controversial former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, is blaming "them Jews" for keeping him from speaking to the president.

Wright, the former pastor of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, said he hasn't spoken to Obama since he became president.

"Them Jews ain't going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office," Wright told the Daily Press of Newport News following a Tuesday night sermon at the 95th annual Hampton University Ministers' Conference.

"They will not let him to talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is. ... I said from the beginning: He's a politician; I'm a pastor. He's got to do what politicians do."

Obama was a longtime member of the church but resigned from it and cut ties with Wright after videos surfaced during the presidential campaign showing Wright's sometimes provocative sermons. Wright's incendiary comment included shouting "God damn America" and accusing the government of creating AIDS.

Wright says 'Jews' keeping him from Obama - White House- msnbc.com
For me the new fad is apparently "When all else fails, blame the Jews," seems to be a simple sentiment for everyone nowadays. That and I thought that Obama and Wright weren't buddies anymore.

Comments?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Wright speaks the truth about some things:

"They will not let him to talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is. ... I said from the beginning: He's a politician; I'm a pastor. He's got to do what politicians do."

Politicians have got to get involved with people that will help them advance their career, even if those people are nut cases.
Then politicians have got to distance themselves from those people when they do more harm than good.
(Although I'm sure this goes without saying, I'll disclaim it anyway: this is not an Obama specific statement)

PonderCloud

Registered Member
"Created AIDS"?

Yeah, that sounds about right. The US Government is also responsible for famine in third world countries, false weather predictions, and devil worshippers. Oh, and obviously everyone in Congress is a little green man in a person-suit.

:rolleyes:

Attention seeking, much?

Sim

Registered Member
Wright speaks the truth about some things:

Politicians have got to get involved with people that will help them advance their career, even if those people are nut cases.
Then politicians have got to distance themselves from those people when they do more harm than good.
(Although I'm sure this goes without saying, I'll disclaim it anyway: this is not an Obama specific statement)
That's probably a precise summary of what happened here.

And yes, this guy is nuts.