• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies The Godfather

dDave

V.I.P.
Because everyone tells me I must watch it, I am.

I'm starting this movie right now. I'll be sure to post my review when I'm done!

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It is my favorite movie of all time. The book is even better. I just saw it the other day on amc.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's a good movie. I wouldn't put it in my top 50, but it's definitely something someone needs to watch before they die. I'm probably the only one here that thinks this, but it's the second (or third, depending on how they feel about the sequel) best mob movie ever made. Nothing touches GoodFellas. Enjoy.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would say its a movie everyone should watch if you're a fan of movies.

I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was THAT good. I watched it a while ago though so maybe I should give it another shot.

dDave

V.I.P.
Really enjoying it so far. It's a really slow movie and they barely even move the camera but the story is so deep that it's captivating.

At first I had trouble following it but I'm getting it.

Can't believe I've never seen this one before.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It's a fantastic film and I'm glad you've finally given in.

What Kevin said is right, if you're a Movie lover in general then it's a must-see. It's not going to appeal to everyone, but it's one of my favourites for sure.

dDave

V.I.P.
Finished this movie an hour ago. Simply incredible. So many little intricacies. So much going in even though the movie appears to be slow.

It really helped me to have a friend watch it with me. This guy has done the research and seen the movies well over 20 times, he told me every little detail as we went to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Got to spend a night with a good friend and see a true classic. I'd call that pretty good. :)

Full review coming tomorrow hopefully!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Welcome to the "club". It's an amazing movie, about time you watched it!! ;)

dDave

V.I.P.
My thoughts on the film.

Camera Work - I noticed that the camera rarely moves in this entire film, most of the movie is conversation between characters and even when there is some action the camera movement is minimal. Not a negative thing at all, I just thought it was notable.

Special Effects - I was very impressed with just a few of the effects I saw in this film (considering the 1972 aspect of it). Even when someone is being shot it looks pretty real to me.

Acting - Truly incredible acting, I felt as if I was actually in the room with the characters listening in on their conversations and hearing their plans. Also, I thought Al Pacino looks like Ray Romano :lol:

Story - No comment required. I really enjoyed watching Michael grow into the role of becoming the Godfather. Absolutely incredible character development.

All in all a great film.