• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The God FAQ

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So a book tells you to believe in a god, so you do?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
How can you be absolutely sure there is no God unless you know absolutely everything?

It's humanly impossibly to be absolutely sure about everything, hence, how can you be 100% sure of this?

:D

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
So a book tells you to believe in a god, so you do?
A book tells you to believe in evolution and deny God, so you do. The Bible is loaded with fulfilled prophecy that speaks to its authenticity.

Evolution, on the other hand, is still searching for the missing links that Darwin said were needed to back his theory.

"....innumerable transitional forms must have existed but why do we not find them embedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth? ....why is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain, and this perhaps is the greatest objection which can be urged against my theory". ORIGIN OF THE SPECIES.

Look, all this back and forth is kind of fun, but really it comes down to if you are wrong, you will spend forever in Hell. I would think the gravity of that realization would cause anyone to put their pride aside for a few minutes and search this.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
There is no way to prove that there is some divine God out there. At least eveloution can be proven. And it's getting pretty damn close to being proven.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
A book tells you to believe in evolution and deny God, so you do. The Bible is loaded with fulfilled prophecy that speaks to its authenticity.
Other religious texts are loaded with fulfilled prophecy as well. It does nothing to prove the authenticity of the Bible. Most of the prophecies are so vague they can be interpreted any number of ways. And there are prophecies that were never fulfilled.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Hey, I have a great idea.

Show me an argument against atheism, or any other form of religious belief that can't also be used against your religion, then maybe I'll believe.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Other religious texts are loaded with fulfilled prophecy as well. It does nothing to prove the authenticity of the Bible. Most of the prophecies are so vague they can be interpreted any number of ways. And there are prophecies that were never fulfilled.
This is not true. There is not one other religious book with any fulfilled prophecy. There are 100's of messianic and historical prophecies, but to keep this short, for now, lets just look at a few things that are easy to see.

Daniel, Ezechiel (both 500-700bc) and Jesus all said that Israel would cease to be a nation and in the end days the Jews would return to their land and be a nation again. There has NEVER been a country dismantle and be reconstituted as Israel has.

Ezechiel said that Persia(Iran), Gog(modern Russia) and Magod(modern day China) would launch an attach on Isreal and their soldiers would be met with a defeat that would instantly burn their eyes out of their head. (Shows foreknowledge of the following: Russia and China being superpowers and nuclear weapons)

Revelation says 2 men will die on the street and be seen by everyone. (Shows foreknowledge of global TV)

Revelation says a a mark will be placed in your hand or forehead and you will not be able to buy anything without it. (Shows foreknowledge of biometrics)

Jesus says in the end days, there will be earthquakes and tidal waves like the world has never seen.

I gotta go and will return to this later, there are many more. Just think about how incredible it would be if one of these things that was written 1000's of years ago would be fulfilled. Be back later with more.