The Future of WWE

padd

Registered Member
There haven't been any lengthy reigns in a while.. I thought the Undertaker would last several months but Vickie acted like a bitch. Who do you think will be, or should be the next big thing in WWE? Honestly, I like Randy Orton, I gotta say I overlooked him before but now that I've seen Raw a bit, I see tis guy's got talent.

Atheltism, Technical wrestling skills

He reminds me of Undertaker from the early 1990's, a heel who will slowly turn face.. his flaws are obviously the mic.. but that's fixable, and it's easier to fix how you do on the mic and your charisma than it is to get talented in the ring.

I'm going to go on a limb, but i think this guy's got what it takes to contend in the UFC and also last, he's in better shape than most WWE wreslters.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Wow that is getting a little carried away with the UFC thing and Orton.

Orton is good, Shelton, Mr Kennedy, The Hardys, C M Punk and a few others all have what it takes but still have alot of road to travel to become a top star in the WWE. Way too many times we see a guy come in get a huge push because Vince loves him and he sucks. To make it to the status of Taker, Micheals, HHH, Flair, and the likes it is going to take someon special that can take the good gimmicks with the bad hang around the mid card and pay their dues without whining and crying about it.

If you look back at all the guys who ended up as main eventers and were riding at the top for years and years you will see they all started with some low gimmicks and hung around a while before becoming big, see Kevin Nash as "OZ" if you need more proof.

I am almost willing to bet a handfull of the ones I listed will be around with main event status over the next few years, as far as the next big one who knows we may have not even seen him on there yet.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I agree with you on Orton. If he sticks around he will be the next Austin, HHH, or Cena. And he's way more likeable than Cena.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you on Orton. If he sticks around he will be the next Austin, HHH, or Cena. And he's way more likeable than Cena.
Orton is the biggest asshole in the company...it's awesome. He's been on record to saying he's kinda like that in real life but he overplays it on TV. I buy it...I like it.

I think I'll pick CM Punk as the next big thing in the company. He's a very good face, is excellent in the ring in that he can ground and pound, be technical and put on an overall good match, and he's also a very good heel. Most people haven't seen his Ring of Honor days...he was an asshole too and made people or forced people to believe in his straight edge ways. I also think he's the kinda guy Vinny Mac wants on top. Someone who doesnt do drugs and all that and kind of be the posterchild for WWE down the road.

We're always waiting for that next big thing and who are our champs right now? Triple H, Kane and the Undertaker. Well used to be Taker. WWE has elevated the likes of Edge and Cena but also elevated Lesnar and Lashley and they are gone. BEfore they shoot someone to the moon they are going to be very careful. I honestly wouldnt be shocked if Punk was the first to lose when he cashes in MITB.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I would pick MVP for the next big thing in the company. He is a great wrestler and has a great character. I can see him in about a year or two as a world champion that can't be beaten.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would pick MVP for the next big thing in the company. He is a great wrestler and has a great character. I can see him in about a year or two as a world champion that can't be beaten.
It might even be sooner than that. I think once the Hardy feud is completely over (I'm not convinced it is yet), he'll move up to bigger and better things and leave Matt to defend the US title.

MVP is the other guy who has everything. He is exceptional on the mic and is a ring technician. The sky is the limit for MVP.

I think MVP and John Morrison. All the thing kd said about MVP, and they need to get John away from The Miz. He's much better as a singles wrestler than being in a tag team.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I think MVP and John Morrison. All the thing kd said about MVP, and they need to get John away from The Miz. He's much better as a singles wrestler than being in a tag team.
I somewhat agree with John Morrison. The WWE already squashed him and it wouldn't be hard to give him a good push that he deserves. But I don't believe that he will be one of the biggest stars or even a HOFer. It is unfortunate but true.

padd

Registered Member
WWE could use an attitude era.. now it;s to dramatic. Probably doing this to attract a younger audience.. Well i'd like to see another attitude era, but then again there is only 1 Stone Cold and 1 Rock.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The only way that there will be another attitude era was if there was some kind of competition. Until then, the WWE will keep on doing things the way they have been doing them.