The future of the WWE

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The WWE have a lot of young upcoming stars, just take these two wrestlers for example, Jack Swagger and Ted DiBiase. These two have a chance to become major players in a couple of years, if they keep their head on straight and barring injuries. There's a lot more than these two as well.

I believe the has a bright future. What are your thoughts?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The future seems to come in bunches....

Hogan/Warrior/Savage
HHH/Rock/Austin
Batista/Orton/Cena

It doesnt always work that way but you get my point. I see Swagger, DiBiase, Rhodes, Kingston etc as big stars in the future. Who else might join the fray? Hard to say.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, you never know if someone is going to come out of no where and take the torch of the WWE.

The scary thing about some of the current upcoming stars is that they're already talented. They just need to improve a few things in the ring, and they'll be even better.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, you never know if someone is going to come out of no where and take the torch of the WWE.

The scary thing about some of the current upcoming stars is that they're already talented. They just need to improve a few things in the ring, and they'll be even better.
Yep yep and hopefully there are more coming. Seems like every month we hear about another 2nd generation star training.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Surprised nobody as mentioned John Morrison yet. I see him as the next Shawn Michaels, and i think he can enjoy all the success Michaels did if used correctly.

DiBiase and Rhodes will be big by the end of 2009 i think. DiBiase is probably more of a certainty that Rhodes. I think Legacy will do for them what Evolution did for Orton.

It's impossible to say for certain though. A few years ago i probably would have said Shelton Benjamin would be the big thing in the WWE by 2008.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Morrison as a real bright future, I agree with you he reminds me a lot of Shawn Michaels, and the sky is the limit for this kid. I think that sometime this year you'll see him get a real strong push to a single star. He'll slowly get away from the tag team division and become a single star. I think when he does he needs a permanent role on Raw.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
I'm still not discounting Benjamin or Morrison from being main eventers. Maybe even Carlito someday.

Don't forget about CM Punk, who's still fairly new.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
i actually think morrison has the biggest future outta all those names. punk is an interesting story since hes accomplished so much already

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope that Benjamin does get Main Event status before he leaves the WWE. I think he deserves it and earned it. I think if he was in TNA instead of the WWE he would be the Champion numerous times.

The thing about Carlito is his attitude, but it seems like he's toned it down a bit after taking that small break. It would be interesting to see him battle for the World Title.