The future of Rap

Discussion in 'Music' started by Gavik, May 21, 2007.

1. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

How do you guys see the rap industry evolving from here? Right now, hip-hop is under fire from politicians for being to explicit, violent etc, but so was Elvis back in his day. Where do you see rap in the next 5 years? 10? 20? How will the industry look then?

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I see a sudden end.

Hopefully.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I believe Rap will live on, even if they're getting a bad rep from politicians, I still believe people out there will buy Rap cd's and go to Rap concerts. To many people like Rap for it to die. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

4. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I agree with MJ. Most people like atleast one rap song no matter what their prefrence of music is and I think that despite the negative reps from people the Rap industry will continue on just as strong as today.

5. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

believe it or not, ppl who like the crappy music today KNOWS its gay and it sucks, they all know the old school ruled, 2pac, nas, jay z, bone thugs, eazy e, nwa, my friend who is a BIG hyphy fan even says, eventually, rap and hp-hop will restore to how it was supposed to be, how it was in the early/mid 90's

6. Corona

Corona Registered Member

You make it sound like your telling a prophecy.

7. Blur

Blur iPimp

Hip hop aint goin nowhere...rather, it will start to merge between classical, rock, and techno/electronica shit (lil jon's beats already sound technoish if you really listen)

8. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Like everything else in history, it will become less mainstream, start merging with other genres, and eventually be a lot better than it currently is, then eventually become mainstream once again.

9. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

thats wut im tryna say, it will be better than it is today