The Future of ECW

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Feb 1, 2010.

?

More gimmicks!

Poll closed Feb 8, 2010.
  1. Zombies, werewolves, imps, OH MY!

66.7%
  2. Oh ****, not this.

33.3%
  1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Source: Big Update on WWE's Plans to Overhaul The ECW Brand - Wrestlezone.com

lol @ the bold part.

*imagines*

Guess we'll be seeing zombies, aliens and weird goo-like gimmicks popping up. Heck, we might even see the return of The Boogeyman, Gangrel, Mordicai and/or Glacier (Sub-Zero clone back in the early 90's(?)). While I know a lot of you don't like these crazy, wild gimmicks, and perfer the realistic wrestlers; I, for one and happy about this. If SyFy pushes WWE to create more bizarre gimmicky wrestlers, I'm all for it. woot~

Oh, and I take it this is the end of ECW, too. On to new and better things..., right? Do you think the new 'make over' will survive, do better or die out?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    CaptainObvious likes this.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Its not going to be the big of a deal I dont think. WWE isn't going to go ape shit crazy with any of those.

Remember the first new ECW show? They brought out the "Zombie" and then Sandman squashed him in a minute. Pretty much saying screw you Sci-Fi, we'll do what we want.

Its definitely time to change the name but I wouldnt do what Sci-Fi says...its WWE programming, afterall.

3. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I forgot they were on the Sci fi network, I've always sort of wondered how ECW could even fit into that network at all haha.

Todays programming...

"X files, Firefly, Supernatural than ECW?"

Haha, makes me laugh.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

The supposed new name for ECW:
    Is NXT

Next Generation according to PWinsider
    I actually like it. It sounds better than ECW. :)

5. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I could see conspiracy theory storylines working without having to be sci-fi oriented, but they won't go in the other direction

6. Millz

NXT? That's kind of hard to say.

Maybe it'll grow on me though.

7. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I like the sound of it, I just wish that if it was a three letter thing that isn't an actual word it would stand for something wrestling. like WWE, WCW, etc.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It makes sense if you think about it since most of the wrestlers on ECW are the next generation of stars in the WWE.

But with that being said, it's still odd to me and will take some time to get use to.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Source: WWE's New Name For ECW On SyFy Brand Already Exists - Wrestlezone.com

lol

Now, I'm not too entirely sure about international copyright laws, but if they do get the NXT Generation to replace ECW wouldn't it be 'WWE NXT' instead of just 'NXT'? In that case, I don't think the Scotland NXT promotion can sue or take action.

Since NXT already exists in Scotland, if WWE decides to visit there they'll have to change the name to NXT-X or something?

10. Millz

That's kind of weird haha...

I mean its WWE RAW and WWE Smackdown so they could call it WWE NXT I guess.