• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Flying Dutchman

dDave

V.I.P.
No the link works, I think that the guy is much stronger than he looks, however, I don't think that he is balancing on the stick, the stick is definitely in the ground, he is probably weighted in some way so that he can hold himself on top of the stick, that is my best guess, I don't see how anything else is possible.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
He is sitting on some sort of platform connected to the stick. If he was truely levitating he would not need the stick.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Odd, the link won't work for me.

But, I do agree that it is more than likely an optical illusion much like David Blane's "levitation".

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's obviously an optical illusion of some sort. Otherwise he wouldn't need the stick.

I agree with Snipes on this one. I think the stick has a platform underneath it. Even so, surely somebody would have seen him set it up and call him out on that? And he was honored in India for doing this.. Odd, but there must be more to the trick than meets the eye.

If he was actually levitating then he would not need the stick though.

Psyco

Food Whore
It appears that the stick goes under the cloth rug thing he has there. That would explain a lot of it. Also, he might have something at the top of the stick, notches that he could kneel on, to keep himself "afloat".

It does (probably) take a lot of strength to keep himself up there. Its not levitation, but its not exactly sitting on anything either.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That would be pretty embarrassing if he lost his balance and fell. I imagine he has to be very focused to balance so precisely. Heck, if you watch the video he is hardly moving at all while "levitating".

dDave

V.I.P.
I was wondering why he wasn't tensed up at all, The stick may be dug into the ground but it seems very possible that he is sitting on a platform of some kind, the guy looks really thin (and weak) and I doubt that he could himself up like that for that amount of time.