The First Of Its Kind I Have Gone Nuts !!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by pork, Mar 30, 2005.

1. pork

pork Registered Member

ok heres the deal we have all seen advertising stuff on ebay from pregnant woman on thier bellys to forheads and so on... but myself and my cousing came up with the ultimate first of its kind auction its called advertise on pregnant mans belly yes you heard me right go here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5569876274 and read the whole auction i have ended my evil turkey since all bidders cancelled so i ended my turkey just so i can post this in here, i think you guys will enjoy this one and as far as i know this is the first of its kind. :eek:hno:

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That takes balls... Don't take this the wrong way, but by wearing that around for a month, you will look like the biggest fool on the face of the earth....

BUT! That's probably what will attract your bidders! If that's what it takes, nobody is stopping you! It's an original and extremely strange idea, and that's exactly what it takes to get the big dollars these days. Will be very interesting to see how this one turns out. Good luck!

(And this is a better idea than the turkey! LOL)

Smart move putting a reserve on it, btw. That would not be worth it for $10 bucks or whatever LOL!

3. pork

pork Registered Member

Thank you lol my cousin came up with the concept just he didnt have the balls to wear it lol so i said i would so we are gonna split the profit 70 -30 i get the 70 for wearing it he gets the 30 for the idea lol now its just time to see where it lands in the media poll lol

4. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I donno.....Think 70/30 is a pretty sweet deal for him. Sure his idea and all but he's not doing anything! (besides he gets to laugh at you for 30 days....isn't that enough? :lol: ) 80/20 seems a bit more fair to me....JMHO.

5. pork

pork Registered Member

yeah that does sound better two me ill have to lead him to this forum so he can read the suggestion lol

6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

That is so cool! I'm sure Golden Palace might bid on it. Good luck with your auction! You will have to let us see some pics.

7. pork

pork Registered Member

thank you and yes if we get a winning bidder to meet the reserve i will most def... get some pics for you guys hopefully it will go well would be nice lol i just need to get the word out about it to some friends and so on so i can get alot of watchers to make it on pulse lol

8. Mirage

If you ask me, he should be happy if you give him any $$$ out of it. Heck, it was his idea, but what was he going to get out of it if you didn't do it? Not a cent. He blurted out the idea in open conversation. If he's not planning on doing it, you don't owe him for the idea. Sure it was nice of you to agree on that, but I say at most give him an agent's fee of 10%.

9. pork

pork Registered Member

true but he is the one offering to drive me down to times square to do the walking around there we live in maine so the drive to new york will be great so if he is paying for that its kinda a good investment lol

10. Mirage

Oh, I didn't know that part. :)

I am actually sitting in a Starbucks right outside of Times Square as I type this.

Wireless internet is awesome! :)