The first anime you ever saw

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I'm sure this thread has been made before but that was a long time ago so lets make a new one. What was the very first anime you ever saw? What kind of impression did it have on you? I'll post mine later in the thread.

2. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

The original Dragon Ball was my first anime and I got so addicted to it then I watched DBZ and followed the series so closely that I looked up all the episodes and knew what was gonna happen seasons ahead. that was my gateway drug lol

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

It's gotta be Dragonball (the original). That show was booming in Asia.

4. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

Yea I remember watching it when I was like in kindergarten I had the afternoon session and at like 8 am I would get up to watch DB on some random station

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Akira was my first, even though it was a movie I watched that when I was about 9, my dad bought it and he let my brothers and I see the movie. We really didn't get it much, just knew it had a lot of blood and gore in it. I watched it when I got older and finally understood the story line.

Besides that, Vampire Hunter D

~
    Shwa'

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Mine was Dragonball Z as well. I used to be overly obsessed with this program. Taped every episode and watched it over and over again. I just loved the overall aspect of the show. The non-stop action and characters were just so appealing to me. I don't watch it anymore but I do sometime look up a few clips on some of my all time favorite Dragon Ball Z scenes.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

The first one I followed was probably InuYasha.

Although I did catch an occasional Pokemon episode years prior.

8. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

"Monkey Magic" aww man I loved that show, still do reminds me of DragonBall except with a monkey. He had a power pole and a flying nimbus.

9. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I think it was the original series of Sailor Moon back in 1995 or 1996, it was on early in the morning and I had nothing better to do in the morning.

10. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I don't know what was first. Sailor Moon is one of my early anime, but I know it wasn't first