• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Favorites

Dabs

Registered Member
In all sports, everybody has a 'favorite'.....well, they should have!
So, in all of the sports.....do you have a favorite player??
Baseball:
Football:
Hockey:
Basketball:
Tennis:
Nascar:
Swimming:
Rugby:
Golf:

You may add others..I'm a girl for Christ's sake, I don't know all about sports ~LoL~
I can only fill in two spots......for basketball....it is a definite Michael Jordan..you just won't, and never will, find a better basketball player than him!
And for baseball.....I like the Cubbies, and back when they had Ryne Sandberg and Mark Grace and Andre Dawson......Sandberg was my favorite :)

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I'll give this a shot.

Baseball:

I'm a Blue Jays fan and I would have to say my favorite player is still Roy Halladay, although I certainly hopped aboard the Jose Bautista bandwagon this year.

Football:
Milt Stegall, for a CFL reference. I'm an NFL fan as well, Carolina is my team, and I would go with Jon Beason.

Hockey:
Ovechkin.

Basketball:
Dont watch a ton of basketball but when I was young, I used to live the Junk Yard Dog, Jerome Williams, with the Toronto Raptors.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Football: Jevon Kearse, Keith Bulluck and Derrick Mason while they were with the Titans. Now? A tie between Chris Johnson and Vince Young.

Hockey:
It was Nabokov until that selfish bastard ran off to the KHL. This is a tie betweem Thornton and Marleau, with Pavelski and Setoguchi not too far behind.

Basketball: Not a big basketball fan, but my all-time favorite player was Glen Rice. Nowadays. I'd say Boozer. I just enjoy watching the best players in the world, no need for a favorite.

Nascar
: Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson. When all is said and done, possibly two of the greatest drivers of all-time.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Baseball: Roy Halladay
Basketball: Vince Carter
Football: Terrell Owens
Hockey: Tomas Plekanec
Tennis: James Blake
Nascar: Jeff Gordon
Golf: Tiger Woods

That's all I can think of at the moment.

BigBob

Registered Member
Football: Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Brett Favre, Michael Vick
Darren Sharper, Randall Cunningham

Basketball: Shaq
Allen Iverson

Hockey: Henrik Zetterburg, Pavel Datsuyk, Darren Helm
Steve Yzerman

Baseball: Albert Pujohs, David Ortiz
Ken Griffey Jr

Nascar: Tony Stewart

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't know you were a Gordon fan, BR. How much racing do you watch?
I love Jeff Gordon, he's been my favorite Nascar driver ever since I've started to watch. I used to watch a lot more Nascar when I lived at my parents house since my father is a pretty big fan, but I don't watch it all that much anymore.

I also prefer watching F1 since I feel it's more entertaining and challenging. My current favorite F1 Driver is Lewis Hamilton.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I love Jeff Gordon, he's been my favorite Nascar driver ever since I've started to watch. I used to watch a lot more Nascar when I lived at my parents house since my father is a pretty big fan, but I don't watch it all that much anymore.
Same here. I was really big into Nascar between '95-'02. I'll try and catch a race once in a while now and I like to keep up on Gordon and Jimmie Johnson, but I've definitely lost most of my interest in it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Baseball:
Now: I love watching Linececum pitch.
All time: Ruth.

Football:
Now: Adrian Peterson. This guy has skill.
All time: Tough choice but I'm going to have to go with Peyton Manning. His body of work on the field is impressive. Most notably the Harrison/Wayne/Clark corps.

Basketball:
Now: Lebron or Durant.
All time: Jordan

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Football: Adrian Peterson, Antoine Winfield, Terrelle Pryor

Basketball: Steve Nash, Evan Turner, Ron Lewis (former Buckeye)

Hockey: Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith

Golf: Phil Mickelson

Tennis: Andre Agassi

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AmericanMusic Sports 7
Unity Wrestling 5
Swiftstrike NFL 14
Babe_Ruth Hockey 12
Unity Wrestling 12